Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GBNews: anyone watching?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Isn’t Morgan on their rival TalkTV?

Yes, he’s a tosser.

i don't know , i don't mind Oliver , i think he gives a very sober and real angle on what is going on currently ....Morgan is a ****nutt who simpered around Murdoch and Blair back in the days when the global cluster**** was starting.......just another septic gobshite stealing a living.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
i don't know , i don't mind Oliver , i think he gives a very sober and real angle on what is going on currently ....Morgan is a ****nutt who simpered around Murdoch and Blair back in the days when the global cluster**** was starting.......just another septic gobshite stealing a living.

I like Oliver. I know he's hated on nsc. Probably the only decent presenter/guest.

D

Deleted member 2719

I like inaya folarin Inman, she seems to have a sensible head for someone of her years.
Nana Akua is a great presenter, talent all over the shop on GB News, why go elsewhere.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

Attachments

• article-2462032-04F5285B0000044D-46_636x382.jpg
    article-2462032-04F5285B0000044D-46_636x382.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 120
  • _methode_times_prod_web_bin_9177d4ea-7132-11e7-8eac-856e9b33761e.jpg
    _methode_times_prod_web_bin_9177d4ea-7132-11e7-8eac-856e9b33761e.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 821267.jpg
    821267.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 1b51cce7ac1acdd46ec65e7b76779ff8.jpg
    1b51cce7ac1acdd46ec65e7b76779ff8.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 120
  • Gloria-De-Piero-poster_2071019_b.jpg
    Gloria-De-Piero-poster_2071019_b.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 111
  • G410563_b.jpg
    G410563_b.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Gloria-de-Piero.jpg
    Gloria-de-Piero.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 113

D

Deleted member 2719

The reason they can't call themselves a news channel is Ofcom would close them down for their alt right wing bias. An example of which is the sacking of gutto hari

I have not seen any right-wing bias at all, just common sense debates. You should watch it, you might likey, likey.

Perhaps you're used to watching too much left-wing bias on the Beeb and ITV?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I have not seen any right-wing bias at all, just common sense debates. You should watch it, you might likey, likey.

you perceive balanced media outlets, governed by ofcom, as left wing, because you're alt-right

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

oh, i forgot to say, how do you explain the sacking of johson's erstwhile press officer, gutto hari?

he didn't last long, did he? so something definitely happened, what do you think that was?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I like Oliver. I know he's hated on nsc. Probably the only decent presenter/guest.

He triggers disappointment rather than hatred. He had such lovely hair, and Coast was a real treat :nono:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He just went a bit odd. Probably read too many dodgy websites and got into the wrong youtube channels. Pitied rather than hated ? :shrug:

Indeed. He looked (in stills - I didn't actually tune in) to have lost something from his grooming and confidence and reminds me of George Best in his hard drinking years (I bumped into Best on a deserted Kings Road one Thursday morning, very early, and as he walked past me he gave me a nod, perhaps anticipating that I would say 'you're George Best!' But I hadn't), and one can't help wonder whether there may be personal issues at play. Apart from denying Covid and claiming he doesn't undestand what's happening in Ukrain in return for money from GB news, he doesn't seemed to have worked since 2018. Oh - he published a book in 2020. Here is a snip from a review in The Scotsman:

"This is a hasty and strange book. If you could imagine a collaboration between cheery Tony Robinson from Time Team, talking about some interesting shards that have been dug up, with the vacuous pseudo-profundity of, say, Paulo Coehlo, it might approximate to this work.

In bite-size chunks, mostly to do with Scotland’s past, but taking in some jaunts to New Zealand, Georgia, Turkey and Peru (travel sells well too), Neil Oliver claims he is offering “Life Lessons From Our Distant Past”. One can almost smell the whiff of “Christmas Gift for granny” over the whole measly endeavour. There are far better writers on the archaeological material, far deeper thinkers on “how to be”, and far more serious authors on Scottish history."

I recommend a read. It's quite....funny:

https://www.scotsman.com/arts-and-c...h-platitudes-get-him-job-card-company-2977085

It ends with:

"One of the memorable moments involves Oliver hunting and eating crocodile, and it tastes like chicken. “What they are saying without knowing it, is that both taste like dinosaur”. Cute line. But wrong. Birds may be descended from dinosaurs, but crocodiles are not: they branched off from archosaurs. That’s the kind of sloppy thinking that typifies this book. It is sententious and second-hand. No doubt a TV series will come along in the fullness of time. Wisdom of the Ancients? Well, make your own mind up."

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Unacceptable right wing bias?

right wing ...?? nationalistic...?? parochial...?? patriotic...?? Neil Oliver offers some very sobering points of view , there is a lot of shit going on that doesn't really make sense.

Oil , gas, food and building material companies are posting record profits , through the roof in some cases , in a time of a pandemic when we're all in it together ......huge environmental taxes of fossil fuels unless it's for you Yacht or Lear jet ......we are having the piss taken out of us.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
right wing ...?? nationalistic...?? parochial...?? patriotic...?? Neil Oliver offers some very sobering points of view , there is a lot of shit going on that doesn't really make sense.

Oil , gas, food and building material companies are posting record profits , through the roof in some cases , in a time of a pandemic when we're all in it together ......huge environmental taxes of fossil fuels unless it's for you Yacht or Lear jet ......we are having the piss taken out of us.

All he does is point out that there are a lot of things that don't make sense, admit he's no expert ("I have no scientific training") and then offer his enormous opinion. Bit of a laugh, but....

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
All he does is point out that there are a lot of things that don't make sense, admit he's no expert ("I have no scientific training") and then offer his enormous opinion. Bit of a laugh, but....

i think he hits the nail on the head mate ....we , the consumer , are being shafted , we are the original red bull to horrible little Thai bloke with the whip....He will whip us and milk us until we can be whipped no more ......hope you are feeling better.x

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
i think he hits the nail on the head mate ....we , the consumer , are being shafted , we are the original red bull to horrible little Thai bloke with the whip....He will whip us and milk us until we can be whipped no more ......hope you are feeling better.x

That there are sinister little shits all over the world happy to squeeze the last drip of juice from our sorry selves, as we bow and scrape and dance and jerk like Pavlov's dog is certainly undeniable. :lolol:

I am feeling a lot better, thanks. No pain for 36 hours and some sorth pathway now set up with GP. I presume you're back now from your travels?

All the best :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here