Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Christian Eriksen

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I am still shaking after watching that. If he has pulled through, that is just wonderful news - I had assumed that he had died.

Please let this be true.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good God, you don't ever want to see this , hoping he makes it through poor fella.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Transferred to hospital and stabilised according to UEFA.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Don't know why they couldn't show that when it happened ..... I was certain he was gone ..... All very disturbing

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

1. Life saving medical treatment should be private IMHO.

2. Lots of children watching.

BHAFC132

Mar 17, 2019
Really thought he had died, got the best and fastest treatment though so if a heart attack it was the best thing that could have happened, even better than if he was at home. Hope he is alright after seeing that photo

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Fantastic work by the medics and his team mates . Not so fantastic from the BBC who showed a close up of the player receiving what looked like cpr and s close up of his distressed wife . Was that really necessary- I don’t think so .

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Didn’t think I could love medical science and professionals anymore after the last year but by goodness they’ve done themselves proud here

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Fantastic work by the medics and his team mates . Not so fantastic from the BBC who showed a close up of the player receiving what looked like cpr and s close up of his distressed wife . Was that really necessary- I don’t think so .

Not the BBC’s decision, they take the UEFA feed

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Has anyone got any idea what happened to him? No thrashing around or clutching his chest, just a stagger, fall forward, convulsions, eyes dilated, unconsciousness.

It looked similar to what happened to me, although I was asleep at the time.

I was fitting in my sleep, and my wife awoke to find me unresponsive, not breathing, and no heartbeat, she called 999, and they told her to get me on the floor and do COR. She called in my 2 sons as she couldn’t lift me, and thank god, they dropped me as they got me of the bed. The jolt was enough to restart my heart. I regained consciousness a few minutes later, and actually walked down the stairs and got in the Ambulance when it came.
My diagnosis was catastrophic arrhythmia, due to a hither to undetected heart defect.
Muamba has the same one, and I would imagine, although there is no proof yet, that Erikson has the same kind of problem.

Our very own@HWT was in a research team investigating a medicinal cure for similar cardiac syndromes.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
1. Life saving medical treatment should be private IMHO.

2. Lots of children watching.
Well they were showing him getting his heart pumped quite clearly and he looked like he was gone. yet They didn't show the bit when his eyes were open.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
In most places if that had happened you would be a goner. Thank god it happened on a football pitch.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Well they were showing him getting his heart pumped quite clearly and he looked like he was gone. yet They didn't show the bit when his eyes were open.

Sorry - thought you were taking about showing more of the 1st but instead of the critical bit of him sitting up etc. Agree with you - would have put a lot of people’s minds at rest earlier.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not the BBC’s decision, they take the UEFA feed

Should/could have cut to the studio earlier I guess but most important thing is he seems to be stable and in bloody good hands. One of my old team at work is best mates with the doc that treated Mwamba on the pitch, these people are amazing.

Yoda

English & European
Great work from the medical team. Takes me back to when someone collapsed on the astroturf at Worthing and I was waiting ready on standby to take over from someone I know who was a medic doing CPR (I used to be a member of St. John for those that do not know). Thankfully the paramedics turned up before the need and made a full recovery.

Also, unfortunately on the flip side, I've had to perform it myself on someone that decided to take his own life across the road from where I used to work once.

Both times I'm just glad my training just kicked in and that was all I could think about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here