Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Well deserved for all he's done in football.

Agreed.

I really like Roy (this has become more apparent in the last few weeks - can’t think why :whistle:)

He has always seemed a decent guy.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I hope Roy realises these antiquated ‘awards’ indirectly represent the wape and pillage of the Bwitish Empire overseas. Disgwaceful. Next you’ll be telling me Raheem Sterling’s accepted one.

:eek:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Sue Barker and Raheem Sterling are awarded a CBE and MBE resepectively.

Sterling has been awarded an MBE for fronting anti-racism and anti-discrimination campaigns and speaking out strongly against racism on and off the pitch for several years. All very creditable but I question the validity of the award based on the narrow confines of the agenda. The vast majority of Stirling's campaigning has been on behalf of black footballers being disrespected. Why has he not spent more time on other areas of discrimination as he has such a public voice?

1) The complete lack of opportunity for Asian footballers in this country, at all levels.
2) The complete lack of opportunity for Asian coaches and managers in this country, at all levels.
3) The discrimination and anti-semitism shown to Jewish coaches and managers in this country.
4) The under-representation of Black coaches and managers in this country, at all levels
5) The under representation of Black and Asian referees and officials in this country, at all levels.

.....and plenty, plenty more....all being ignored because they are not on the agenda.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sterling has been awarded an MBE for fronting anti-racism and anti-discrimination campaigns and speaking out strongly against racism on and off the pitch for several years. All very creditable but I question the validity of the award based on the narrow confines of the agenda. The vast majority of Stirling's campaigning has been on behalf of black footballers being disrespected. Why has he not spent more time on other areas of discrimination as he has such a public voice?

1) The complete lack of opportunity for Asian footballers in this country, at all levels.
2) The complete lack of opportunity for Asian coaches and managers in this country, at all levels.
3) The discrimination and anti-semitism shown to Jewish coaches and managers in this country.
4) The under-representation of Black coaches and managers in this country, at all levels
5) The under representation of Black and Asian referees and officials in this country, at all levels.

.....and plenty, plenty more....all being ignored because they are not on the agenda.

The confines of his agenda relate to what he does, what is wrong with that ?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Good-Grief-Blog-2.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well done, Roy. Although having managed to give three years to Crystal Palace I would suggest a knighthood would have been more fitting.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Whilst not putting down the awards, nor those who receive any awards, I wonder why other, less known people, don't get them?
Roy Hodgson, manager earning £millions a year, CBE
Me, working a 60 hour week for peanuts, severely affected by covid closures, struggling to make payments, feeding wife and kids, sod all.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Whilst not putting down the awards, nor those who receive any awards, I wonder why other, less known people, don't get them?
Roy Hodgson, manager earning £millions a year, CBE
Me, working a 60 hour week for peanuts, severely affected by covid closures, struggling to make payments, feeding wife and kids, sod all.
What a very strange post. Do you really believe the only people who get them are the ones they mention on the news?

https://assets.publishing.service.g...ay_Honours_List_2021_-_Gov.uk_-_FINAL__1_.pdf

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

... and how useful are you on a scale telephone booth to cassette player?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Geoff Thomas was awarded his honour presumably for this miss which amused and continues to amuse the nation.
https://youtu.be/VUU0fSjXKCg

probably more for the millions he's raised for cancer charities but that was indeed a very memorable moment ... I remember watching that in a packed pub (The Fenton in Leeds) and everyone doing the same thing :ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here