Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How excited are you about the Euros?

How excited are you about the Euros

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not talking about England necessarily, maybe you are excited about the Albion players who will be there.

Just a general poll about the Euros not an opportunity to slag off England :smile:

Well?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Prefer it to the World Cup. Not sure about the additional round though.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Covid making the last season very long yet intense, expect players to be tired and semi injured.

The dumb "spread out" tournament concept with games played in x countries... removes a lot of the hype for me, just feels like continuation of the qualifiers.

Sweden being garbage also isnt helping.

Not very excited tbh and dont think I will do like in previous cups (= watching every single game), but still nice to have some football to kill time with.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The answer is entirely down to Southgate and with whom he replaces TAA.

Could be anything between 2 and 8.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm very indifferent towards England these days. Hoping they do well, but not that bothered if they don't. I think I may just be a bit tired these days of all hype and seriousness that surrounds their progress. Then again, I'm just tired these days anyway. England in the World Cup 2018 meant little to me, but it was just after I'd lost a loved one and I wasn't in a good place. Although I think after that I began to realise that these tournaments are actually better if you just sit back and enjoy the matches. I enjoyed Belgium's progress that year as much as England's.

I'm looking forward to seeing lots of European football. The World Cup is often the same old names. The Euros offers something different.

D

Deleted member 2719

Way down my list of priorities.

If we had Webster, Dunky, and White playing, it would be right up there.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Don't know when it starts, don't know who is in our group - but I'm sure I'll be watching the England games when they come around.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Not really excited.
I’ve never really been an armchair football fan, but as we haven’t been able to attend matches since last year I got Sky and BT Sport to watch the Albion games, near the end of the season I found the commentators were really getting on my nerves.
I will watch the England games and probably swear at the tv, but would rather go out if the weather is nice.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
The season's over, isn't it?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Strong 8.

Love a summer tournament. Football on almost every day, barbeques, beers, prediction competitions, arguments.

Someone's star player will get ****ed by injury for about 18 months. Someone will end up buying the tournament's agreed surprise star after it ends for £100 million, who will then proceed to never score again. The Sun, as we speak, are setting out their templates for prayer mats and turning Southgate into a vegetable. And the sweaty socks are going to embarrass themselves on the big stage, once again.

And with *some* fans in the ground it will feel a bit like how life used to feel.

Plus everyone who was too cool to watch England friendlies in February will suddenly remember who they support when the alternative television is a re-run of Love Island :rolleyes:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
2 and I think I'm being generous. It has been a long time since I've felt connected to an England squad. I thought watching many of the players mixing it with Brighton players might have made me more interested, but it's been four years and not done so yet. There's no default nationalism that makes me want to get behind them. As a compeition it feels like 96 was the last time I got caught up in the excitement. When the football first returned early in the pandemic, I only really watched our games. By the time this season started I was watching most of the games, but as the season wound it's way to the end, and fates were largely decided comfotably earlier I started to get footballed out and back to only watching Brighton games, and I still haven't missed it enough to be excited that there's competitive football on the tv.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I definitely will not be going to a pub garden/pub ( if it’s allowed obvs ) to watch England games.
People that have never been to a match are suddenly England’s biggest fan, latest replica shirt, multiple pints of Stella being luzzed up in the air if England actually score.

Mr grumpy here voted 1 :)

And I think Southgate is a :censored:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Too many teams. All national competitions set up for bigger teams to get thru to quarters. Will take interest and watch from then

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here