Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Three improvements for next season

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
With that being that with regards to this season, the club will now be looking to progress and will have probably already the etchings of a plan for next season. If you were the chairman, what three things would you task those at the club with in order to improve, in any department?

For me:

1. Sort out the goalscoring. Whether that's with a new signing (hopefully) or just getting someone in to coach the strikers we have, that HAS to improve

2. Integrate Caicedo. I can't see us spending lots in a Bissouma replacement, so this lad needs to get to grips with first team football, as he is probably our most natural replacement.

3. Hold on to Potter. If we lose him then the whole project really is on the rocks. Would be madness to let him go.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think there are about a million different threads on this topic, so I'll just say that we agree to disagree

I love Potter, but as he is here already, it can't be an improvement to have him next season, if something is the same it isn't an improvement, it's just the same.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
A left back / wing back
Goals from midfield
Pace and lots of it

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Striker
Pacy replacement for Gross, this won’t come at 3 million though. He has been great but he is too slow and is often the player who holds us up by going backwards during an attack. We need a younger and much faster replacement with the same qualities
Whichever other players we buy need pace, both to attack and defend when we come up against teams like Arsenal, whose pace today ran us ragged

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I love Potter, but as he is here already, it can't be an improvement to have him next season, if something is the same it isn't an improvement, it's just the same.

Ah right, I see your point. I'm of the opinion that we'll be getting a better manager at the start of next season than we had at the beginning of this. So by keeping Potter, I see that as an immediate improvement to the coaching.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I assume we will have to sell Yves. So get £40m plus for him.

Use the £40m wisely. Use some to help balance the books and some to buy an out and out goal scorer.

Move some players on to improve the overall quality of the squad.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
1. Score more goals
2. Concede fewer goals
3. Um...score even more goals?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
More depth in the wingback positions and a clinical finisher. Not asking for much :)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
For preseason:

Trim the squad. More important than any signings IMO.
Work on how to break down collected defenses.
Try to find out how to replace Bissouma in the best way, preferably before next season begins.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
1. Leave a player up when defending corners.
2. Dump the zonal marking.
3. More balls played from deep into the channels.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We have the manager, we have the right culture, the set-up, the building blocks are in place. This now comes down to personnel, and Potter stamping his authority on the squad.

We've also seen how highly regarded Potter is by being a frontrunner for the Spurs job, so if Biss leaves we have to reinvest those funds and show ambition. My 3 improvements:

1. Sign Ryan Sessegnon - him and Lamptey will gjve us width and terrorise opposition defences.
2. Go back in for Darwin Nunez - the move to Benfica has not worked out for him, and if the club believes he is still the man then put in a bid. There's no value in the domestic market.
3. Move on some high wage earners: Ali J, Andone, Izquierdo, Propper. Clear some space on the bench for Caicedo and Alzate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here