Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] News on Jose Izqueirdo tonight?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
[tweet]1395763855427518466[/tweet]

[tweet]1395780029330624516[/tweet]

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is he the new Palace manager?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is he due a contract? Confirmed starting on Sunday?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He might have meant Jose Iz

I was thinking that. I can't imagine for one second that we'll be retaining him, therefore you'd imagine any announcement will be either that he's been released and is off elsewhere, or (hope not for his sake) that the injury is still somehow an issue and he's calling it a day.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Having seen where this news is coming from I’d be stunned if it were anything major.

This will almost certainly be something that Potter mentioned in today’s press conference.

From each presser various bits are embargoed for release by all those present at certain times afterwards. It’s generally all pretty innocuous stuff.

If this were big breaking news, the club would release it themselves, not at 10:30pm and Richie Mills would find out the same time as me, via email about five minutes in advance.

As this probably came from the presser, it really might just be that he’s injured and out of Sunday’s game. I guess this has greater significance for Izquierdo, as it may mean he’s played his last game for us, but that would only be by way of implication at this stage.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
He's been injured too long for another club to be interested surely? Must be putting pen to paper.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Yeah he’s off surely. Hardly featured.

Funnily enough the one sub appearance he made the other week he came on and had a couple of good sprints and a 30 yard effort on goal.

Then never made an appearance again. I suspect we aren’t going to renew his contract and he’s had an offer to go elsewhere. Sad, but the club comes first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here