Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you think Wellbeck will stay next season

basque seagull

Oct 21, 2012
I really hope so. He's our best striker.

Everyone talks about an "upgrade" on Maupay. I don't agree. We need a striker better than Maupay and Welbeck, to be our main guy. But we still need Maupay and Welbeck.

It's a long season and we have strikers who shouldn't be on or around the first team (yet) - namely Connolly and Zeqiri.

So with the Bissouma money, an attempt at a goalscorer would be essential - the main guy, with Maupay and Welbeck getting lots of action too.
I have to agree with this. Spot on!

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I wouldnt mind seeing Brewster in Brighton... yes, had a horrible season but the guy got trucks of potential and in the right environment (like Brighton) I think he could turn into a lethal striker.

Is that because of our excellent track record in developing strikers?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I truly bloody hope so! I think it's highly unlikely we'll be able to sign a better striker this summer, he is class.

Absolutely this - he is by far our best chance of signing a good striker and sadly he is other teams best chance too!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Is that because of our excellent track record in developing strikers?

Last 20 years... Zamora, arrived aged 19 and turned into a PL player a couple of years later. Ashley Barnes, arrived aged 21 and now got more than 30 PL goals to his name. Chris Wood, arrived aged 20 and only spent a season at the club but got something of a breakthrough and is now a good PL striker for Burnley. Glenn Murray, sure he was 25 when he came but thats about 20 in GM terms, eventually turned into a fine PL striker. And now Connolly who is one of the youngest strikers in the PL and already scored 5 goals.

Dont think many clubs who spent the majority of the last 20 years in the lower divisions could compete with that.

But more importantly, if Brewster came to Brighton he would come to a non-toxic, steady environment, a club outspoken about its intention to try to develop young players. Could be perfect for him.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hopefully he will sign but we will have 5 forwards with Connelly, Maupay, Andone and Zeqiri.

It has been made very clear we will not splash out serious money however this could change if we sell a player for a good fee however I doubt the club will want to pay high wages given we are paying one player a hell of a lot to do not very much.

Therefore someone needs to go on loan..........

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Just feels he's a bit out in the cold to be honest. Back in training in Feb, didn't hear much till he appeared for 13mins in the U23s, then just that he had a relapse. Not a lot of detail. I've not felt from his social media or our PR that there is a salvaged relationship there. Others on this thread appear 100% he's definitely going, I'm only a 'in all likelihood' :)

The only way I can see him going is if Galatasary were super-impressed by him and think they can get an absolute bargain from us.
Other than that I just don't see any takers in the current climate.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
The only way I can see him going is if Galatasary were super-impressed by him and think they can get an absolute bargain from us.
Other than that I just don't see any takers in the current climate.

We only paid £5m didn't we? He is a full Romanian international, he's scored goals in La Liga and the PL. I think there would be plenty of offers where we don't lose out or even make a bit on him.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Considering our other strikers seem to be going through some sort of barn door period I would of thought Potter and Bloom have already sewn Wellbeck up for next season and possibly a 2 year deal would of clinched a deal .

Letting Wellbeck go to a potential rival in our mini league would be a huge mistake ala Glen Murray but I suppose Wellbeck will no doubt be getting offers from other clubs so ultimately it will be up to him if he wants to stay and work with the best manager on the planet :blush:

I think he will stay personally, the club is a good fit for him and hopefully he can settle down here and really go to town next season .

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
As long as his days of being made out of crisps are behind him, yes.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Well....they have got a 17 year old called Jebbison, who scored on debut v Everton and already looks better than Brewster. Panic buy and Liverpool are still rubbing their hands.

Absolutely....they even chucked in a buy-back clause at £40m. They must have been pi$$ing themselves when they added that!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think Welbeck will stay and seeing as he's been by far our best striker since the turn of the year, I'd be happy if it did!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I doubt he'd be playing 'meaningless' end of season games for us and risking injury if he wasn't singing ( or had already sung ).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here