Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Close season manager merry go round.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
E2ECB1C3-60DB-4811-B213-088C8A92E851.jpeg

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
My brother's uncle's sister's wife's dog got offered the job at Spurs but he said it was shithouse.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Spuds were hit hardest by the pandemic. No CL money anyway and all their NFL/concerts events were cancelled and a Joshua fight. Reportedly making a £200m loss for 2020/21, on top of the £113m published loss for 2019/20. That's £313m down the drain in 15 months.

The club took out an emergency £175m loan from the Bank of England in June 2020.

I wonder if Conte didn't like the transfer budget?

Some ironic piss taking here:
https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/poll-who-do-you-want-most-as-our-next-manager-tweet-yestoconte-levyout-enicout-spursofficial.40315/page-884

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Spuds were hit hardest by the pandemic. No CL money anyway and all their NFL/concerts events were cancelled and a Joshua fight. Reportedly making a £200m loss for 2020/21, on top of the £113m published loss for 2019/20. That's £313m down the drain in 15 months.

The club took out an emergency £175m loan from the Bank of England in June 2020.

https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/poll-who-do-you-want-most-as-our-next-manager-tweet-yestoconte-levyout-enicout-spursofficial.40315/page-884

https://theathletic.com/news/tottenham-loan-son-heung-min-contract/MbBidhkJEUXo

Tottenham Hotspur have paid back the £175 million loan they took from the Bank of England last year, putting them in position to complete the new contract for Son Heung-min.

But last month Tottenham raised £250 million through a private placement scheme organised by Bank of America, effectively converting short term debt into long term refinancing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

As said they're only chasing managers who are 'free'.
We can guarantee they're not offering 'Jose' money.
The first question in the interview has to be 'What's happening with Kane?'
The follow question then must be 'and how much of that money do I get?'

The bottom line is Spurs are still looking for a manager.

Tottenham Hotspur have paid back the £175 million loan they took from the Bank of England last year, putting them in position to complete the new contract for Son Heung-min.
Not forgetting the now non-existent Super League money.

But last month Tottenham raised £250 million through a private placement scheme organised by Bank of America, effectively converting short term debt into long term refinancing.
I have no idea if that's good or bad, but needing a restructure just to compete for their own players new contract doesn't have a good optic.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Debt, became …….. debt.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've lost track. Have we covered this one, or is it a new name...

[tweet]1407702254501699590[/tweet]

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Its a bit mental eh?

For a sensible manager, the Everton job must be the one to go for.

For an ego driven manager, the north London one.

For one wanting a way into the Prem league, there's a vacancy in south London.

Everton were dropped in it suddenly I recall but ought be in a better position by now. The London clubs have had a few weeks to get it sorted nobody really wants to go there do they? I can see Fulham filling their vacancy sooner.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Its a bit mental eh?

For a sensible manager, the Everton job must be the one to go for.

For an ego driven manager, the north London one.

For one wanting a way into and straight out of the Prem league, there's a vacancy in south London.

Everton were dropped in it suddenly I recall but ought be in a better position by now. The London clubs have had a few weeks to get it sorted nobody really wants to go there do they? I can see Fulham filling their vacancy sooner.

Corrected for you. This is going to be THE season isn’t it?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Everton 'fans' putting threatening messages up outside Rafa Benitez family home on Merseyside to not take the Everton job.

Screenshot 2021-06-28 110149.png

Appalling behaviour and a criminal act. They should be happy that a decent manager is keen on taking the job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here