Jul 6, 2003
Weird...

E10BKKEX0AUZa9R.jpg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
"Hello Nike - it's Liverpool FC here. We'd like a plain red shirt for next season please."
"Certainly - with contrasting peach trim and pink zig-zags too I should imagine!"
"Err, no - just a plain red shirt please."
"No problem - leave it with us!"

3 months later....

"FFS!"

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
"Hello Nike - it's Liverpool FC here. We'd like a plain red shirt for next season please."
"Certainly - with contrasting peach trim and pink zig-zags too I should imagine!"
"Err, no - just a plain red shirt please."
"No problem - leave it with us!"

3 months later....

"FFS!"

Yeah, they need to work a bit harder in choosing their commercial partners...

dunkin-liverpool.jpg

"Right John, I'm done with redesigning the Liverpool badge to mark our new commercial partnership."

"Yeah looks good, but I'm not sure about replacing the Hillsborough flames with a cheaply drawn graphic of an iced mocha-choca latte, Dave. Don't you think that might upset the locals a bit?"

"No no, come one now, that was years ago. They're more upset that they cancelled Brookside, these days. I reckon they'll love it..."

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Not keen on the panel on the back, but is there a better way to make the number clearer? I doubt it?

Otherwise it looks like two seasons ago to me which is fair enough.

They wont do it but....

Remember the Bukta late 70s kit? The players wore a small white patch with a red number, but if the fans bought the shirt it was just normal stripes top to bottom. I reckon they would do better on sales if they went back to that idea, if you want an 'exact' replica you can buy the shirt with the panel ironed on for an extra £xx. After all, they already do it with names, numbers and sleeve patches.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I see both Brentford and Sunderland manage to have full stripes on the back of their shirts rather than the patchwork look we end up with. Looks so much better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
They wont do it but....

Remember the Bukta late 70s kit? The players wore a small white patch with a red number, but if the fans bought the shirt it was just normal stripes top to bottom. I reckon they would do better on sales if they went back to that idea, if you want an 'exact' replica you can buy the shirt with the panel ironed on for an extra £xx. After all, they already do it with names, numbers and sleeve patches.

Actually that is a very good idea. But I would take it slightly further. Release a replica kit for those who want it. In tandem, launch a 'fan kit' with a design that is to some extent independent of the replica kit, but designed with fan wear in mind. The design could still be changed each year to maximise sales. It could be similar to the official replica or completely different depending on the mood. Paul, if you see this and act on it, please cut me in on the profits. I only want a very small percentage.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The sort of simple, classic, designs that Adidas are known for. Why do so many clubs have to add too much to their kits and confuse everything?

Adidas make some great kits, Nike are just shit, should have stayed in the US and stuck to track and field

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Adidas make some great kits, Nike are just shit, should have stayed in the US and stuck to track and field

We have made some bizarre choices when it comes to our kit manufacturers over the years, wasn't there even a spell back in the late 80's or early 90's, when we designed and even manufactured, our own?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We have made some bizarre choices when it comes to our kit manufacturers over the years, wasn't there even a spell back in the late 80's or early 90's, when we designed and even manufactured, our own?

Spall was NOBO wasn't it? then errea, I'd never heard of either.

Umbro, Bukta, Adidas before.

would be a stylish move to have adidas again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here