Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maupay charged by FA

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I just can`t fault Maupay in any way on this , he is a pro footballer who is expected to do his job as best he can or he doesn`t play . Moss has the same responsibility only he has the added benefit of VAR , but only if he uses it .
We were 1 up and BDB was fouled beyond ANY reasonable doubt , if fatso had given the penalty it would have been checked anyway ! . Had we scored were 2-0 up and in control . The Dunk incident would not have occurred so no red card , the game would have played out differently and Maupay would have no reason to tell Moss a few home truths and get his red card .
Imho all avoidable if the fat ref and the bias VAR had done their job as Neal was trying to do , so straight after the game full of adrenalin and anger the inevitable gallic temper was bound to come out .
The single biggest problem in our game has long been the lack of accountability for referees , with VAR the last excuse of a bad decision should have gone .

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Still a bloody stupid thing to do. No excuses for his behaviour whatsoever.

Oh totally agree, just wondering if there is some unwritten law that referees abide by in these situations. Is heat of the moment abuse more excusable than anything said after the final whistle for instance.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Was it in French, you normally swear in your mother tongue, vous etes un fat* couchon, *tub du lard? Chuck in the race card and Bob est ton oncle

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I'm guessing what happened is Maupay has abused the ref and given him an earful about how he isn't very good after the final whistle. So Moss gives him the red card which is the severest punishment that he can dish out on the spot. Maupay then continues giving Moss a lot of grief. Seeing as Moss has already done his worst in response all that he can now do is refer Maupay for his conduct.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Was it in French, you normally swear in your mother tongue, vous etes un fat* couchon, *tub du lard? Chuck in the race card and Bob est ton oncle

Indeed, what did Maupay expect the referee to do after he wagged his finger in his face, swore at him in English, (or French), questioned his parentage, and accused him of being above average weight? . . . invite him out for dinner?

Whatever the rights or wrongs of the incidents that Maupay was upset about, it's the referee who is in charge, and he should of known what was likely to happen. As l said earlier, absolutely no excuse.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm guessing what happened is Maupay has abused the ref and given him an earful about how he isn't very good after the final whistle. So Moss gives him the red card which is the severest punishment that he can dish out on the spot. Maupay then continues giving Moss a lot of grief. Seeing as Moss has already done his worst in response all that he can now do is refer Maupay for his conduct.

After being shown the red card, he could have kicked the water carrier or something similar. It's all classed as misconduct.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Indeed, what did Maupay expect the referee to do after he wagged his finger in his face, swore at him in English, (or French), questioned his parentage, and accused him of being above average weight? . . . invite him out for dinner?

Whatever the rights or wrongs of the incidents that Maupay was upset about, it's the referee who is in charge, and he should of known what was likely to happen. As l said earlier, absolutely no excuse.
What is worse , having a finger wagged at you or being bowled over dangerously after having been kicked up in the air for 90 mimutes ? . You seem to have a lot of respect for a referee who failed to see several serious fouls or manage to keep up with play . If Maupay is to be held accountable for his behaviour so should the completely incompetent ref .

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
What is worse , having a finger wagged at you or being bowled over dangerously after having been kicked up in the air for 90 mimutes ? . You seem to have a lot of respect for a referee who failed to see several serious fouls or manage to keep up with play . If Maupay is to be held accountable for his behaviour so should the completely incompetent ref .

The problem is that there are so many in the PL.
It's a shame that "The best League in the World" tm also has the worst refs.

I was thinking about this the other day.
Is there any rule to prevent the premier League "signing" the best refs from other leagues across Europe?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Don't misunderstand me, l have no respect for Jon Moss either, and agree that he is incompetent. But nevertheless the referee always in charge of the game, and Maupay knows that!

Without the officials, competent or otherwise, we don't have football.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Part of me would love it if Maupay went before the FA panel and said: "Yeah, I called Jon Moss a fat, lazy, incompetent cheat and I stand by what I said, because he is. Am I wrong?" And the club lawyer said: "We agree with our player."

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Part of me would love it if Maupay went before the FA panel and said: "Yeah, I called Jon Moss a fat, lazy, incompetent cheat and I stand by what I said, because he is. Am I wrong?" And the club lawyer said: "We agree with our player."

Just a matter of time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Whilst not condoning his behaviour, how often do you see players mouthing off at the officials during games and escape punishment? You don't have to be an expert lip reader to tell what four letter expletives players are launching at the ref- and it rarely gets punished

i couldn't see clearly as i had something in my eye, does anyone know what he said?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
If it’s true Maups really called Moss “a fat ****” I’ll be lying if I said it isn’t slightly gratifying.

I just can`t fault Maupay in any way on this , he is a pro footballer who is expected to do his job as best he can or he doesn`t play . Moss has the same responsibility only he has the added benefit of VAR , but only if he uses it .
We were 1 up and BDB was fouled beyond ANY reasonable doubt , if fatso had given the penalty it would have been checked anyway ! . Had we scored were 2-0 up and in control . The Dunk incident would not have occurred so no red card , the game would have played out differently and Maupay would have no reason to tell Moss a few home truths and get his red card .
Imho all avoidable if the fat ref and the bias VAR had done their job as Neal was trying to do , so straight after the game full of adrenalin and anger the inevitable gallic temper was bound to come out .
The single biggest problem in our game has long been the lack of accountability for referees , with VAR the last excuse of a bad decision should have gone .

Have to agree with the Dan Burn rugby tackle, I still look at it in disbelief that Var didn't get Moss to look at it. You can bet your house that it would of been a pen if it was against our lads! Plenty of other shoves pulls and kicks that went unpunished too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here