Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maupay charged by FA

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah that was just the initial rant.

since then my rage has continued on all the way back to Jamie Murphy's red for slipping over.

Bournemouth fan Hooper giving Bournemouth a penalty for a foul on Elphick outside the area is worth another rant

If Maupay gets an 8 match ban he may regret not having done a Cantona on the rotund Moss

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Given that players swear all the time at refs and mostly the refs choose to ignore it as it is in the heat of the situation, I do think it’s unfair to single out Maupay . If he apologised to the ref afterwards hopefully only a 2 match ban .

It won't be.

We literally never get the benefit of the doubt on these matters.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I remember the commentator said Moss rarely gives reds.....so I can only assume Maupay really pushed it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I remember the commentator said Moss rarely gives reds.....so I can only assume Maupay really pushed it.

I believe the commentators said he hadn’t given a red at all so far this season prior to this match, maybe he’d been told to step it up :smile:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
will be interesting to see how GP and club handle this. Andone was shipped out sharpish for his poor behaviour! (lets face it, as much as we all like his hard work and running, we need a striker who scores goals as our regular no 9).

I don't doubt for a second that Maupay has played his last game of the season.
Potter will want to impose further sanctions on top of the original ban.
So in that regard it makes little difference (unless they go totally bonkers and give him a ban that runs into next season).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I normally like your sense of humour but that’s below the belt given the hate for Maupay from quite a few NSCers :down:

No doubt you’ll get plenty of “likes” though :smile:

You do not understand the meaning of the word ‘hate’.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Firstly I’m still team Maupay BUT look at the actual charge he’s been found guilty of and tell me you don’t see how ****ing ridiculous it is, no matter what the provocation on pitch or decisions he didn’t get etc, for a player to react this way and be charged with actions similar to those for which he came and spoke up about after suffering abuse online. What a prize cock he’s been here.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Whilst not condoning his behaviour, how often do you see players mouthing off at the officials during games and escape punishment? You don't have to be an expert lip reader to tell what four letter expletives players are launching at the ref- and it rarely gets punished

Mitrovic spent virtually the whole game last night mouthing off at the ref!! I think maybe refs accept it during the match, but afterward it's slightly different. Hopefully Maupay learns, and - provided it's not more than 3 games - it doesn't really matter in the scheme of things.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Oh **** off!

No retrospective action for penalties given after the final whistle which was also 3 minutes after added time should have finished.
Or for Refs too clueless to know they should have given a goal rather than bottle it and rule it out,
Nor for VAR failing to see that the ref was right and the foul was outside the area.
Or for Kane making a back for Lallana and endangering another player
Or Maguire pulling back Welbeck, without even a view from VAR.

Just **** off.

yep....Potter needs to take his superior IQ all the way to Lancaster Gate for this one .....Moss is ****ing disgrace , he barely left the centre circle ......fat ****.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
And they would keep playing until Manure were winning

You should watch this if you think ours against Manure was bad (it was), this is another level.

Galatasaray 3-2 up against Gaziantip, with 6 minutes of Injury time indicated, Gaziantip get a goal within the 6 mins period chalked off by VAR (but no significant delays to play at all) so the ref just keeps going, awards a random indirect free kick for nothing 11 minutes after the 90, then (despite the commentator claiming it is a pen), he awards a pen for a dive 2 mins later, they score 14 mins after the 90 and ref blows whistle!

Just imagine NSC if this was us! biblical binfest.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Bloody hell, I have always been 100% convinced it was Hooper, thanks for correcting me!

Me too! I've been wrong about that for years, as it turns out.

Back on topic - Maupay deserves whatever ban they dish out. But it's not the end, he'll be back. He's an important part of our team but he isn't someone we should be trying to build a team around.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I'd like to see a zero tolerance on bad mouthing refs. They have talked about it loads, but if they properly did it that would be it. Straight red every time, no messing. Would never happen again, but for the odd nutter.

I think most would agree but what you can't have is one referee unilaterally deciding to instigate this. Has to be across the board as part of a planned change to rule interpretations rather than an arbitrary decision by one ref in one instance, otherwise he is just a fat c*nt who doesn't deserve respect.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If the charge is for his actions after receiving the red card, then I could see this effectively being a second red card offence, so that the 2 game ban becomes a 5 game ban. (2 for the 1st offence, and then 2+1 for the continued abuse)

The best the player and club can hope for is the 2 game ban stays in place and he is warned about his future conduct and pays a sizable fine, so that the is available for selection against Arsenal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here