Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 7-10/5/21

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I think if you have 21 shots at goal, away from home, you deserve a bit of luck.
Eze with a great bit of anti football to put the game to bed.
Sheffield were so poor, how did they beat you ?

Same way you did. Totally undeserved.
Now, kindly post where your comments might be appreciated.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I didn’t see any football today, so making a rare visit to MOTD to catch up.

Something stands out ... Spuds defending is shocking. A joke for all three goals, some excellent play by Leeds, but errors aplenty eg laziness and non existent marking.

With Alderweirald nearing the end at elite level, Spuds literally need an entire new back 4.

Dier, Sanchez, Aurier = dross.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Big day tomorrow.

Albion can put relegation to bed and then relax watching whether Fulham can win their last throw of the dice games v Burnley and Southampton to make it interesting.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

Something stands out ... Spuds defending is shocking. A joke for all three goals, some excellent play by Leeds, but errors aplenty eg laziness and non existent marking.

With Alderweirald nearing the end at elite level, Spuds literally need an entire new back 4.

I watched the game live and they weren't that good, but the midfield provided minimal cover and the "great front 4" were pants so pretty sh1t throughout the team.

White Fan man

Oct 25, 2020
Football is a crazy business.

Leeds looked poor last week. Or were we simply very good? Or you can’t odds it sometimes?

The way Brighton set up makes it difficult for Leeds to get in behind them but this is probably why Brighton don't score many goals either. We missed Phillips and Raphina last week and Rodrigo was just on his comeback trail. However just played city, lpool and Manu and probably mentally tired. Yesterday the same team started and were at it the whole game. Apart from Brighton requiring more goals up top the midfield needs to contribute. In comparison to Leeds, Dallas, Raphina, Harrison, have contributed over 20 goals. Looks like you will be selling one of Bissouma and/or White so you should have plenty money to buy a striker. Big mistake not to take Leeds' White bid at start of season and compete for Watkins and Toney. Brentford looking for 35m for Toney now who was available for 7m at start of season.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Big mistake not to take Leeds' White bid at start of season.

9200000087219035.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The way Brighton set up makes it difficult for Leeds to get in behind them but this is probably why Brighton don't score many goals either. We missed Phillips and Raphina last week and Rodrigo was just on his comeback trail. However just played city, lpool and Manu and probably mentally tired. Yesterday the same team started and were at it the whole game. Apart from Brighton requiring more goals up top the midfield needs to contribute. In comparison to Leeds, Dallas, Raphina, Harrison, have contributed over 20 goals. Looks like you will be selling one of Bissouma and/or White so you should have plenty money to buy a striker. Big mistake not to take Leeds' White bid at start of season and compete for Watkins and Toney. Brentford looking for 35m for Toney now who was available for 7m at start of season.

Much is always made of who the opposition are missing. We have had March and Lamptey missing for a big part of the season, both were in contention for player of the season at the time they got injured. We also had Lallana missing for the Leeds game.

White is now worth considerably more than Leeds offered and has been a valuable team member, so how can it possibly have been a mistake not to sell him to Leeds? Odd logic. Apparently you got two better players for the price according to your local rag last week.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Much is always made of who the opposition are missing. We have had March and Lamptey missing for a big part of the season, both were in contention for player of the season at the time they got injured. We also had Lallana missing for the Leeds game.

White is now worth considerably more than Leeds offered and has been a valuable team member, so how can it possibly have been a mistake not to sell him to Leeds. Odd logic

Ah..that doesn't count though..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

We bought a Brentford striker with Maupay so why would we go down that direction again?

We also have good players out injured like Lamptey March and Lallana.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

*YAWN*. What a surprise a Leeds fan pops up after they've won. Stick to your wacky forum or whatever it's called.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

the left back reguilon can't be arsed to run either, a most amusing watch

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Cheers for the 6 points, enjoy second season syndrome.

Also, Ben White is now rumoured to be wanted by Liverpool and PSG, so I mean, I’m sure he doesn’t see it as a mistake.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Big mistake not to take Leeds' White bid at start of season and compete for Watkins and Toney. Brentford looking for 35m for Toney now who was available for 7m at start of season.

Naive.

You assume that us selling Ben White = “us getting a good striker”. The biggest issue is with wages i suspect not the transfer fee.

And we could have afforded Toney at the start of the season, but we passed (as most PL sides did btw).

Anyway selling Ben White for £30m would be silly business. Would YOU sell him for that much? I doubt it. He’s worth more and everyone knows it. #freebenwhite.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
#FreeBenWhite from the minds of deluded Leeds fans.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Brighton fans: be great if rotherham win, and derby and wednesday both go dow
Football gods: rotherham let a lead slip, draw and derby stay up

Brighton fans: Could we finish above palace? Only a point behind...
Football gods: palace win, going four points clear

(some) Brighton fans: Newcastle have a tough run of games with leicester first up, could see them not winning again this season, Fulham have bottom team and an overworked man utd, Fulham is a better day out, be great if...
Football gos: Newcastle beat leicester with ease

It's easy to say it after the fact, of course. But after a weekend of results like that, I expected us to lose. It's not all after-timing, I did text a friend at half time and noted we struggle to have two decent halves in the same game so wasn't feeling positive.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Big day tomorrow.

Albion can put relegation to bed and then relax watching whether Fulham can win their last throw of the dice games v Burnley and Southampton to make it interesting.
Or not.

Ho hum, come on Burnley, I suppose :nono:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm having a great day in the Fantasy League. Two of my players, Dunk and Watkins have been sent off!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here