Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hibs Albion

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Have complete contempt for hibs- went a couple of times to Easter Road as a student and never felt so scared at a football ground. No problems at Tynecastle or elsewhere in Scotland just a bunch of scheemies from the Leith estates who should be locked up and key thrown away (make Begbie from Trainspotting look like a normal reasonable human being). At another game my mate had a shuriken (ninja star thingy) thrown at him in the ground. Maybe it’s all moved on as Leith has been gentrified but it’s a no from me... (not that I get say in it)

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Sorry but i don`t see any up side to this whatsoever . They would have access to all that our world class academy has to offer , and we get a few youngsters that cant make it at a far weaker inferior club than ours . How we would benefit is not clear , if we want to loan them a player or vice versa we can already do that , to make anything official would be crazy and come with potential problems we don`t need . Steer clear .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm puzzled why our club would want to do this when we're so adamant that we are not having any direct links to USG - "no, no, no, it's a completely different entity, no connection at all, apart from the coincidental matter of the same owner."
Also, are we allowed to have a feeder club, or a formal agreement of this sort?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Sorry but i don`t see any up side to this whatsoever . They would have access to all that our world class academy has to offer , and we get a few youngsters that cant make it at a far weaker inferior club than ours . How we would benefit is not clear , if we want to loan them a player or vice versa we can already do that , to make anything official would be crazy and come with potential problems we don`t need . Steer clear .

Presumably it’s just another avenue for us to loan our young talent to.

Currently we have u18/23, Belgium and any Championship sides we can do a deal with. We get a SPL side to send our players to, they get some talented youngsters. Win win.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I feel sure there is far more to this agreement than that, we wouldn't have entered into it lightly.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So long as it doesn't come with sectarianism...

Yeah the last thing Best and beast Sussex needs is to be arbitrarily divided by some arcane, out of touch, system created long before anyone was even born.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Presumably it’s just another avenue for us to loan our young talent to.

Currently we have u18/23, Belgium and any Championship sides we can do a deal with. We get a SPL side to send our players to, they get some talented youngsters. Win win.

Why can we not loan Hibs, or any other team players we choose without any formal agreement in place?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Fine set of fans aren’t they? Beat Rangers in the Scottish Cup Final. Invade the pitch, attack Rangers players, then have a go at Rangers fans, then stop the presentation of the cup by being complete knobheads, but it’s okay because they sing a nice song. :shrug:

No one likes Rangers

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The only thing I can see that Hibs could offer us is a guarantee to start any players we loan them in x number of matches.

So for example, they would have to play a more junior player, lets say Jenks, in 10 games a season, but a more senior one, say Karbownik, maybe that would have to be all matches when he's fit.

I really cannot see what else they could offer that we couldn't get just by making informal arrangements with clubs as and when.

If I was a Hibs fan, I would be deeply concerned and the chance of getting Khadra would not be anywhere near enough to bribe me.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I am sure that we have identified that Hibs play a style of football that we think will be a good learning spot for our youngsters.

But football styles change over time. We play totally differently to how we did 2 years ago. There must be dozens of sides now that do tappy goal kicks etc

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
After seeing how quickly Celtic fans turned on big Shane i`m not sure i would want to place a potentially good youngster in a similar position , where he could get panned for having a bad game . Whilst there are benefits to toughening up a young player , there is always the possibility of damaging a young lads confidence in a hostile game , some of the stuff i read on FB and Twitter about Shane was bang out of order and he is a hardened pro .

Although after what i read on here yesterday maybe not as hard as Ali:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here