Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Albion's Second Half Of The Season Form

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Screenshot 2021-05-02 034038.png

If the second half of the season is the best indicator of where the team are at before the transfer window it's not looking as bad as the moaning minnies would have us believe.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
With the stupid amount of 'but if's' they've had this year I'm actually quite disappointed they are so low.

curly69

Jan 4, 2006
sydney
Why do you people have to slice rabbits? We have done the job almost and the way we have played all season i for one look forward to next season up ward's and up ward's.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If you extend it to half time at Wolves you get a record of 6 wins, five draws, six defeats, 14 goals scored, 11 conceded, 8(and a half...) clean sheets and 23 points, a record which extended over the season would have us right on the cusp of the top half. On top of that there's still lots of room for improvement if you think of the amount of chances we've missed in those games.

It's not often you can pinpoint one particular moment in a season and say that that was the turning point but it seems something remarkable happened at half time against Wolves. That first half was symptomatic of our season up to that point. Pretty football, missed chances, throw away the lead, concede soft goals, crumble under minimal pressure. Since then we've looked like a proper football team. Defensively solid, well organised, hard working but still playing quality football. It's really just the taking of golden chances that needs correcting and then we're going to fly.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
If you extend it to half time at Wolves you get a record of 6 wins, five draws, six defeats, 14 goals scored, 11 conceded, 8(and a half...) clean sheets and 23 points, a record which extended over the season would have us right on the cusp of the top half. On top of that there's still lots of room for improvement if you think of the amount of chances we've missed in those games.

It's not often you can pinpoint one particular moment in a season and say that that was the turning point but it seems something remarkable happened at half time against Wolves. That first half was symptomatic of our season up to that point. Pretty football, missed chances, throw away the lead, concede soft goals, crumble under minimal pressure. Since then we've looked like a proper football team. Defensively solid, well organised, hard working but still playing quality football. It's really just the taking of golden chances that needs correcting and then we're going to fly.

The most significant moment for me was changing our goalkeeper.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Maybe. Sanchez being put in goal has certainly helped but he was brought in four games(i think) before the Wolves game. I don't remember there being such a dramatic improvement from his first game.

He was playing in the game against Wolves where all of our failings were evident. There was such a dramatic difference between the first half and second half and performances in general thereafter that I can't put it down to the fact that Sanchez was in goal. I think he has done really well and has given us a solid platform to build on but I think our upturn is based on more than that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I wonder how much the change had to do with the ALLEGED falling out between Maupay and Ryan. I’d have loved to have been a fly on the wall if it did happen. The very definition of “blame culture” from both of them I imagine :lolol:

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Our style changed initially when Sanchez went between the sticks as he kicked out long a lot more than Ryan did making us a little bit more direct. Maybe some had a few f$%&s thrown into them at half time against Wolves. Maybe the fact we are the anti Christ of anything from Wolverhampton gave the team confidence - we will at least get a point a Molineux next week - Probably a combination of many things but thank god it happened.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Dunk has looked his brilliant self in the 2nd half of the season with the exception of the Wolves game where he criminally let the ball be crossed for Wolves’ 1st goal and then their potential winner, luckily for him, Burn did enough horrific crimes to totally mask those two awful bits of play for most people.

Dunk is the reason we are top seven.

His play in the 1st half of the season was just not quite up to his astonishing standards. The majority of the goals conceded against West Ham, Sheff Utd and Southampton have Dunk’s sloppy defending at their root. His worst 5 months in the Premier League in my opinion (followed by some of his best form ever) and largely ignored by most of our fans because he is one of our own.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If only Cups were handed out for stats and selected periods of play, we’d be Real Madrid.

These signs are good though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Dunk has looked his brilliant self in the 2nd half of the season with the exception of the Wolves game where he criminally let the ball be crossed for Wolves’ 1st goal and then their potential winner, luckily for him, Burn did enough horrific crimes to totally mask those two awful bits of play for most people.

Dunk is the reason we are top seven.

His play in the 1st half of the season was just not quite up to his astonishing standards. The majority of the goals conceded against West Ham, Sheff Utd and Southampton have Dunk’s sloppy defending at their root. His worst 5 months in the Premier League in my opinion (followed by some of his best form ever) and largely ignored by most of our fans because he is one of our own.
Good post

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
View attachment 136291

If the second half of the season is the best indicator of where the team are at before the transfer window it's not looking as bad as the moaning minnies would have us believe.

Moaning minnies? Are you 8 years old and still reading the Beano?

Why do so many Brighton supporters feel the need to set up every discussion about Albion performance into a supporter v supporter argument?

Our performance the second half of the season has been decent. In that half there has also been some dog rough output on the odd occasion. Who’d have thought that on a Brighton CHAT forum these dog performances are criticised.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Moaning minnies? Are you 8 years old and still reading the Beano?

Why do so many Brighton supporters feel the need to set up every discussion about Albion performance into a supporter v supporter argument?

Our performance the second half of the season has been decent. In that half there has also been some dog rough output on the odd occasion. Who’d have thought that on a Brighton CHAT forum these dog performances are criticised.
It's really irritating isn't it! We have deserved a lot of criticism for underachieving this season but now we're safe can be a lot more optimistic going into the next with a strong finish (and hopefully last week's dire showing was a blip)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here