Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Would you take a point at Sheffield utd if both west brom and Fulham lose their next 2.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Yes. Of course I want to finish as high as possible, but taking away the threat of survival in this weird season would do wonders to my heart rate.

Also, drawing is our speciality, so it wouldn't be a surprise.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Yes for sure.

Of course I may well be proved wrong but I think we will be looking to be tight at Sheff United and certainly not lose the point we start with. Our record against the lower sides (excepting Newcastle) is pretty dire. Whilst many thought Fulham were the side to watch it is turning out to be perhaps WBA. Sam gets results, probably too late for this season but result wise he is doing pretty well.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I have to say I am expecting Saturday's game to be a grim affair. At this stage of the season I am not turning down any point, we can draw our way to safety.

That said let's just flipping win, we are better than them. I'd like to be able to use the end of season games to give the likes of Karbo and Caciedo etc some gametime to see what they can offer us next season.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Look up, not down. Palace and Southampton's next games are both Leicester and they both look like they're on the beach already. A win against Sheffield United, followed by them both losing puts us above Southampton and within a point of Palace. Palace have to play Leicester, Man City, Arsenal, Villa, Sheffield United & Liverpool and their game in hand is against Southampton. Most would probably be predicting somewhere between two and seven points from that. We shouldn't be looking to limp over the line, we should be looking to end the season with the results that the performances have deserved. We can catch these bums.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'm hoping for something similar to last season's Norwich match. It was ugly by the end but we got the win that did the job.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No.

5 points from 6 games against the bottom 3 would be an abysmal 'effort'.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Need to win

Newcastle have Liverpool away on saturday
Southampton not playing

Win will pretty much be safe and up to 14th

Perfect base to push on for the last games.

All out for the win

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
They aren't a terrible side really and we struggle against the lower rated teams.
They are relegated and will be playing freely.
Suspect we will stand a better chance of beating West Ham and Leeds.

I would be disappointed losing to them, but would happily take a point.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It won't be easy as the Blades can now relax knowing that however they play, they are gone. Relegated sides usually pick up strange results.
It may be a draw, a win, or a loss.

Fence sitters unite.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sure 3 more points will be safe. Prefer 3 on Saturday but happy to pick up 3 draws. Although would be nice to come out from behind sofa to watch

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We have a crap record over the bottom 3 this year so I'd take a point regardless of what West Brom and Fulham do, to be honest. With our GD intact they'd then have to get 12 points and 9 points from their remaining 7 games and 5 games respectively; and that's if we didn't pick up a single point from our last 5, which is not going to happen.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here