Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Latest poll for London Mayor election

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Couldn't find the thread with people wetting themselves over Laurence Fox being their next saviour. They will be delighted to see that he is currently neck and neck with Count Binface

Sadiq Khan: 41%
Shaun Bailey: 28%
Luisa Porritt: 8%
Sian Berry: 6%
Niko Omilana: 5%
Farah London: 2%
Brian Rose: 2%
Peter Gammons: 1%
Count Binface: 1%
Laurence Fox: 1%

And having a UKIP member called Gammons - you couldn't write this stuff.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I don't know any of the others (apart from Fox) but i can't believe that Khan is so far in front after the complete disaster of his Covid policies. Shows how bad the others must be.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
And Count Binface is loving it :lolol:

863FAC73-6E99-4D21-89CA-0B90E2E51516.jpeg

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Are the 38 police stations he’ll re-open among the 63 that Boris Johnson shut when he was Mayor?

Probably the main town ones.
Up here we have Ruislip PS, which is a satellite for the North of the Borough, whereas Uxbridge PS closed, and centre of operations moved to Hayes.
Marvellous cut backs if you think about respons times for the old bill.
Hillingdon stretches from Northwood to the north and Heathrow to the south., which is a lot of acres to cover.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Probably the main town ones.
Up here we have Ruislip PS, which is a satellite for the North of the Borough, whereas Uxbridge PS closed, and centre of operations moved to Hayes.
Marvellous cut backs if you think about respons times for the old bill.
Hillingdon stretches from Northwood to the north and Heathrow to the south., which is a lot of acres to cover.

With quiet easily accessible roads?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I don't know any of the others (apart from Fox) but i can't believe that Khan is so far in front after the complete disaster of his Covid policies. Shows how bad the others must be.

If you want even more proof of how bad a lot of the candidates are then Niko Omilana (who is currently 5th) is a Youtuber who is only running as it’s a content goldmine for Youtube*. He’s famous for going “undercover” at an EDL protest.

*It’s actually such a YT goldmine that there’s another Youtuber running too, who is dedicating his account to taking the piss out of Fox.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Evening southerners.

The odd thing about this years election is the Conservatives (led by an ex Mayor) have completely given up on it.

Their candidate is terrible, really terrible. So bad he's even lost any meaningful support from Central Office and they don't appear to care. If they did care, they'd have put somebody credible there in first place.

The new poll which looks on the surface that Khan has lost support ( he was over 50% at one point ) doesn't tell the real story.

In London if the candidate doesn't get an overall majority it goes to your second choice vote. When that is taking into consideration Khan romps home with 68% of the vote, which he will.

All of which isn't that great for democracy, since it's a one horse race and always has been.

My personal vote is going to Count Binface which is of course nothing to do with him beating Lawrence Fox. Just look at his manifesto:

- Ceefax to be brought back immediately.

- Any Czechs on the Irish border are to be allowed to stay there.

- New voting age limit of 16 to be introduced. New voting age limit of 80 to be introduced too.

- Piers Morgan to be zero emissions by 2030.

- The hand dryer in the gents’ toilet at the Crown & Treaty, Uxbridge to be moved to a more sensible position.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Evening southerners.

The odd thing about this years election is the Conservatives (led by an ex Mayor) have completely given up on it.

Their candidate is terrible, really terrible. So bad he's even lost any meaningful support from Central Office and they don't appear to care. If they did care, they'd have put somebody credible there in first place.

I've never seen any party put up such a dreadful candidate in a major election. I'm half convinced that he's some conceptual art project or someone from a TV reality show. As you say, the Tory Central Office won't support him and he's treated like the embarrassing relative who shows up at weddings and funerals and makes a fool of himself.

The most staggering thing about his campaign is that he's polling as high as 28% - it shows that some people are so unthinking they really will vote for anyone with a blue rosette.

What makes it weirder is that Khan is eminently beatable. He's not had the greatest of stints in office and a halfway decent candidate could have given him a tough fight but the Tories just gave up. It's a shame that Rory Stewart pulled out, he would have made things more interesting.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've never seen any party put up such a dreadful candidate in a major election. I'm half convinced that he's some conceptual art project or someone from a TV reality show. As you say, the Tory Central Office won't support him and he's treated like the embarrassing relative who shows up at weddings and funerals and makes a fool of himself.

The most staggering thing about his campaign is that he's polling as high as 28% - it shows that some people are so unthinking they really will vote for anyone with a blue rosette.

What makes it weirder is that Khan is eminently beatable. He's not had the greatest of stints in office and a halfway decent candidate could have given him a tough fight but the Tories just gave up. It's a shame that Rory Stewart pulled out, he would have made things more interesting.

The 28% isn't that surprising if you look at the "doughnut" strategy Boris took which was to target the outer boroughs who are more likely to vote Conservative, but as I said it all comes down to the second choice vote.

Those polls predict Khan will win on 61% and Bailey on 39%.

If that happens that's the biggest mandate a London Mayor has ever received. I totally agree about Khan, he's very beatable, comes across badly at many times.

It's a shame. I like the way the Mayoral Elections are somewhat "independently" voted for not really based on what's going on elsewhere.

Livingstone was two fingers up to Blair and Thatcher clearly. Thatcher for abolishing the GLC (and how funny to put the old leader in) and Blair for forcing him to run as an independent.

Boris was two fingers up to Livingstone after he went toxic (although it was very close) and Khan election being two fingers up to the shameful Goldsmith who ran a campaign of "fear" regarding Khan's religion.

I know someone who has worked with the Etonian Rory Stewart and their view is he is completely out of touch with "ordinary" people and his public persona is somewhat different from his ability. However that didn't stop Boris and I suspect he would have given Khan a run for his money.

That would of course been a two fingers up to Boris and Brexit vote.

Voting for Khan isn't a two fingers up to anyone. He's just the only one capable of competently acting as Mayor.

Strategically the Tories have given up on London for the moment, their priorities lie elsewhere.

But I strongly suspect Boris views a strong Tory London Mayor as a potential threat, just as Cameron failed to do.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Evening southerners.

The new poll which looks on the surface that Khan has lost support ( he was over 50% at one point ) doesn't tell the real story.

In London if the candidate doesn't get an overall majority it goes to your second choice vote. When that is taking into consideration Khan romps home with 68% of the vote, which he will.

All of which isn't that great for democracy, since it's a one horse race and always has been.

My personal vote is going to Count Binface which is of course nothing to do with him beating Lawrence Fox. Just look at his manifesto:

- Ceefax to be brought back immediately.

- Any Czechs on the Irish border are to be allowed to stay there.

- New voting age limit of 16 to be introduced. New voting age limit of 80 to be introduced too.

- Piers Morgan to be zero emissions by 2030.

- The hand dryer in the gents’ toilet at the Crown & Treaty, Uxbridge to be moved to a more sensible position.

Reminds me of the PCC elections here in Sussex.

I believe it is important to vote but this is a waste of time and money. So it's a spoiled ballot paper this time.

I shall be writing 'Jackie Weaver' over mine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here