Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] HYPOTHETICALLY if the 'Big 6' left the Prem, who would win it?

Who would win the Prem if the 'Big 6' left?

• Total voters

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Well then?

If we're in a league without the big boys, then someone else has to win it

Obviously the likes of Leicester, West Ham and Everton would be the front runners, and will probably spend massively to ensure that they remain so, but we're 5th on expected points, aren't we? If we sorted out our finishing issues, we could genuinely be up there competing.

For the record, I don't think this superleague thing is going to happen, but if it did and those clubs left the Prem, surely it's a chance for us to massively change our position in the footballing hierarchy?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Leeds would come 1st, 2nd, 3rd .

Leeds doesn't qualify for Europe, Europe has to qualify for Leeds/

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I think that spending massively may become a thing of the past if the big 6 depart. I would anticipate a lot of the money would go with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Eventually a new "big four / six" would establish themselves but for the first few years it would probably be chaos and very even.

Leicester probably got a bit of a head start though. Very well run club and has been for a while.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I think that spending massively may become a thing of the past if the big 6 depart. I would anticipate a lot of the money would go with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe, but I don't see that happening instantaneously. Lots of those clubs will still be owned by billionaires, and they'll see it as a massive chance to get some trophies and (sort of) justify their investment, at least for the first few years

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The only guarantee is:-

Everton will finish 7th.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Leicester and Everton would start every season favourites.

I would guess if the traitorous 6 did depart, then 6 more would be promoted from the Championship, (all teams in the play offs) and so on down the leagues.

In terms of the Albion ......

We'd finish 16th, having spent the whole season 5 or 6 points clear of the relegation zone playing pretty well, but unable to convert glorious chances

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Very difficult so say, if nothing changes then Leicester but who knows how many top players they would keep with the lure of the money league

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Portsmouth and Newcastle would all share it amongst themselves as self proclaimed giants of football.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Is the long term plan for us to be a top 4 side now ???

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sheffield Wednesday

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Would be interesting to see how bookies would see it.....Unlikely anyone would be more than 50-1. Guessing we`d be about 25-1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here