Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Swindon

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Don't know why, I still loathe Swindon Town. I'm delighted to see them facing the drop to League Two. Currently losing 3-0 at halftime against Wimbledon in a must-win game. Couldn't be happier about that, unless Longman comes on in the second and adds a couple.

Anyone else enjoying their plight?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Don't know why, I still loathe Swindon Town. I'm delighted to see them facing the drop to League Two. Currently losing 3-0 at halftime against Wimbledon in a must-win game. Couldn't be happier about that, unless Longman comes on in the second and adds a couple.

Anyone else enjoying their plight?

Yes. And it is made even better for me as when I lived in Liverpool, I knew a sneering Swindon fan. Always ran Brighton down and that's when we were in so much trouble. He honestly thought Swindon were a big club as they had just become a PL team. Our passing them in the leagues and especially the premature celebrations for the infamous Withdean match were a joy to behold.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
In trouble with the FA too aren’t they? Breaching ownership/funding rules. They have to present their case next week I think.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We were queuing up at the carvery in the Sportsman with young kids before a game against them and had the misfortune to be behind three of their fans. Foul mouthed yobs with an unfathomable superiority complex. Hope you are reading this :bigwave:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk...ng-charged-fa-intermediary-regulation-breach/

All is not well at STFC, Lee Power the owner is despised the same as Belloti and Archer were at BHA.

Rumoured to be close to bankruptcy a few days after selling one of the only players worth much for a six figure sum.
Gareth Barry ( Ex BHA ) and Micheal Standing Barry's agent ( also ex BHA ) both are charged (i believe) with trying it make a secret deal for a stake in the club, ( agents are not allowed a stake in any club)
There is rumoured to be an American company interested in buying STFC but the sale is not allowed due to the FA charge.

STFC have now cut off all communications with Swindon town fans groups.

But hey.....3 people in a queue behind you 20 years ago and you still hold a grudge?

I hope they dont fold as we as a club know we came close to that and lower league clubs are needed whether you despise them or not.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk...ng-charged-fa-intermediary-regulation-breach/

All is not well at STFC, Lee Power the owner is despised the same as Belloti and Archer were at BHA.

Rumoured to be close to bankruptcy a few days after selling one of the only players worth much for a six figure sum.
Gareth Barry ( Ex BHA ) and Micheal Standing Barry's agent ( also ex BHA ) both are charged (i believe) with trying it make a secret deal for a stake in the club, ( agents are not allowed a stake in any club)
There is rumoured to be an American company interested in buying STFC but the sale is not allowed due to the FA charge.

STFC have now cut off all communications with Swindon town fans groups.

But hey.....3 people in a queue behind you 20 years ago and you still hold a grudge?

I hope they dont fold as we as a club know we came close to that and lower league clubs are needed whether you despise them or not.

I don't think many, if any of us want them to fold. Suffer lots of relegations and become ever more irrelevant? Yes please. I am sure there are one or two clubs you aren't fond of, it's part and parcel of being a supporter.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Bit gutted actually, went to Crawley away with a Swindon supporting mate and it was a good laugh. Was hoping to do Pompey either this season or next season. Looks like it’s Crawley again though.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I’ve disliked them since the late 70’s, an irritating often thuggish team when we had superior players.

Who was the coward who broke Nicky Bissett’s leg? So talented, Nicky was never the same afterwards.

Duncan Shearer I believe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here