Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Swindon

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk...ng-charged-fa-intermediary-regulation-breach/

All is not well at STFC, Lee Power the owner is despised the same as Belloti and Archer were at BHA.

Rumoured to be close to bankruptcy a few days after selling one of the only players worth much for a six figure sum.
Gareth Barry ( Ex BHA ) and Micheal Standing Barry's agent ( also ex BHA ) both are charged (i believe) with trying it make a secret deal for a stake in the club, ( agents are not allowed a stake in any club)
There is rumoured to be an American company interested in buying STFC but the sale is not allowed due to the FA charge.

STFC have now cut off all communications with Swindon town fans groups.

But hey.....3 people in a queue behind you 20 years ago and you still hold a grudge?

I hope they dont fold as we as a club know we came close to that and lower league clubs are needed whether you despise them or not.

I'd like to think that none of us would wish another club to fold, certainly not something I would wish upon them. But struggling at the foot of the league? Yeah, I'd like to see them in a basement battle with Orient (and Palace).

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Pigshill can do one . Using CB radios to attack our coach as it came off the M4 in November 84:tosser: Macari ,Jimmy Quinn ,Steve White ,Dave Bamber,Colin Calderwood **** em all.

Very expensive way to attack a coach, mind. CB radios weren't cheap.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I’ve disliked them since the late 70’s, an irritating often thuggish team when we had superior players.

Who was the coward who broke Nicky Bissett’s leg? So talented, Nicky was never the same afterwards.

Definitely Duncan Shearer. I was at the match (it was an evening game) and everyone heard the crack when iIt happened. It wasn’t a cowardly tackle though, looked a genuine accident, Shearer was visibly upset and was substituted a few minutes later as he was still distraught.Think we won 2-1 with Gotsmanov scoring the winner.

Swindon’s present owner issues are concerning. Losing £30k a week pre Covid and total losses nearly £13 million.

Lee Power is trying to sell the club but seems to want to wriggle out of an agreement to give 50% of the profits to Michael Standing (or possibly Gareth Barry, legal position is unclear) in settlement of an £800,000 loan made many years ago. Under FA rules a player or agent cannot own more than 5% of a club.

Michael Standing resigned as a director of the player agency he set up a few years ago (registered in Portslace) but it looks as if he is still a major shareholder in the company and his younger brother is a director.

Interviewing someone from the Swindon Supporters’ Trust on the podcast later today to get more of the story.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I remember turning up for an evening match at Swindon with my son who would have been about 5 or 6, we went to the turnstile and the stewards told me i needed to buy a ticket from the ticket office, they told me not to buy one for my son as they would just lift him over. So i did as i was advised and returned to the turnstile with just a ticket for myself.
As i got to there i noticed that it was different stewards on the gate, but they just said "you didn't buy a ticket for your son did you? We'll just lift him over"
So i for one wish them well, just because of their stewards.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Only went to one game. Many years ago but know Peter Ward was playing.. Big game as we were pushing for promotion. Pouring with rain and we were losing. Couldnt believe our luck as I think after half time ref abandoned game. Although pitch was bad never crossed our mind that this would happen

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As a club I'm completely indifferent to Swindon, but I did once enjoy a good long snooze in the luggage rack of an InterCity 125 on the way back from an evening game there.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
They're slugs with no personality

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Only went to one game. Many years ago but know Peter Ward was playing.. Big game as we were pushing for promotion. Pouring with rain and we were losing. Couldnt believe our luck as I think after half time ref abandoned game. Although pitch was bad never crossed our mind that this would happen
Losing 4-0 wasn't it? Can't remember what the score was when the match was replayed.

Personally I have quit happy memories of visits to the County Ground - Bruno's debut for us (I think it was his debut anyway) and Ince's wonder goal.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Remember Greer’s sideways move? :lolol:

A sideways move at the time, but it certainly didn't end up being one. What did GG know that we didn't when he put pen to paper?

Such a classy and underrated centre half in my opinion, and desperately unlucky not to lead us to promotion to the Premier League.

What's that? feeling guilty Mike Dean?

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Poor old Swindon. I wish them no harm and they've got that death trap awful roundabout just outside the ground as well.

Not only is the Magic Roundabout (probably) the most famous thing about Swindon, there are rarely any accidents on it and provided you exercise just a modicum of common sense it is both quick and easy to navigate! :)

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
One time in the away open end it poured down and to their credit they let us move round under the roof, mind you it was biblical. Can't remember year or match! Magic roundabout no problem stay alert, foot down, straight across........... easy

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Poor old Swindon. I wish them no harm and they've got that death trap awful roundabout just outside the ground as well.

I sometimes worked in Swindon shortly after they created the magic roundabout. It took a bit of getting used to, but it is in fact an absolutely brilliant piece of traffic engineering.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk...ng-charged-fa-intermediary-regulation-breach/

All is not well at STFC, Lee Power the owner is despised the same as Belloti and Archer were at BHA.

Rumoured to be close to bankruptcy a few days after selling one of the only players worth much for a six figure sum.
Gareth Barry ( Ex BHA ) and Micheal Standing Barry's agent ( also ex BHA ) both are charged (i believe) with trying it make a secret deal for a stake in the club, ( agents are not allowed a stake in any club)
There is rumoured to be an American company interested in buying STFC but the sale is not allowed due to the FA charge.

STFC have now cut off all communications with Swindon town fans groups.

But hey.....3 people in a queue behind you 20 years ago and you still hold a grudge?

I hope they dont fold as we as a club know we came close to that and lower league clubs are needed whether you despise them or not.

A good friend at work is a Town fan, and his rants are exactly like mine in 1996/97 about a traditional club being ruined by downright appalling if not illegal management.

He envies us. Loves watching us on TV.
Bears no grudges (no matter how many times I mention Adam Virgo)

They have thousands of true fans, including youngsters and, like us back in the dark days, they couldn't care less about relegation to the fourth division. It's irrelevant. The main concern is regaining control of their club to the hands of people who care.

Wish them luck

#fansunited

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Always kicked off a fair bit in the 2000’s and a bit of a rivalry broke out but no real beef with them. The south west 2 of Swindon and Rovers won’t be happy being overtaken by Cheltenham!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Always kicked off a fair bit in the 2000’s and a bit of a rivalry broke out but no real beef with them. The south west 2 of Swindon and Rovers won’t be happy being overtaken by Cheltenham!
Those two going down is certainly a silver lining to another crap Bristol City season.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
They did beat Pompey last night. Putting a huge dent in the #twats play-off hopes whilst still looking like they'll be going down themselves. Marvellous scenes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here