Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Phrases you hate people saying

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I very much doth misprise at which hour people sayeth to speaketh english. Those gents doth realise the language changes ov'r tome aye?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I know it’s quite sad, but split infinitives still jar with me every time I hear or read one.

“See you later”, when they won’t. If you’ve just arranged to do something later during the day with someone,then fair enough, but to say it to a total stranger whom you have never met before and will probably never meet again......

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
It really ticks me off to hear people saying mute when they mean moot.

And, my dad makes me feel bad for keep correcting him when he talks about his prostRate problems:)

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
It really ticks me off to hear people saying mute when they mean moot.

And, my dad makes me feel bad for keep correcting him when he talks about his prostRate problems:)

If we’re allowed pronunciation bugbears in this thread, then it has to be people thinking clique is click.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
When people say "I hope this finds you well" in an email. If I'm reading it, then it means it did find me. If it didn't find me, then I wouldn't be reading it, in which case the entire expression is a waste of words.

And the fact that more often than not, emails containing this phrase tend to make my day significantly worse, thereby not finding me 'well'

I agree it is an ugly opener to an email, but the hope is not in the email finding you, the hope is that you are well when it does, regardless of how sick the content may make you feel.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It is what it is - no it isn't, that's just a cop out because you cant be arsed to do anything about it

Feeling Blessed, normally on Facebook - no you're not, you aren't St Francis of Assisi

With respect - what follows is normally anything but

Just going to jump on a call - grrrrr

Watch out for karma - no I won't, no such thing

I like to use "with all due respect" before giving none, none was given as none was due. Karma is real, as long as you have a conscience, I hope you have a conscience, so I hope you are wrong about Karma.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here