Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Graham Potter

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Dunk and Gross are still in the team, so they can't be counted.

As much as we love Bruno, I think (if he's fit) Lamptey would be ahead of him.

Propper is great player but Bissouma and Lallana are better.

Prime Murray would be an improvement on our current striking options.

Dunk and Gross can be counted. First PL season Gross was much better than the current iteration. Not so sure that I can say that about Dunk.
Lamptey and Bruno are very different players. Lamptey has missed c60% of the season.
First season Propper was great. Nowhere near Biss. Lallana hasn't played much.
Agree re Murray.
Second half of the 17/18 season, Izquierdo was our best player.

Our squad is so much more exciting now, but it's largely about potential. That has little to do with results. But it indicates direction of travel. We're now in a position that in the next transfer window, we'll be able to attract more exciting talent. Next to no chance we could do that in 18/19.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
You are of course entitled to only judge on results and ignore everything else.

What would you like to judge on? Magic beans?

As I said to the other poster, I think Potter has done a good job so far and has the potential to take us a lot further.

But unlike you, I am a long term thinker, so will wait and see how we develop over the coming years :wink:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
What would you like to judge on? Magic beans?

As I said to the other poster, I think Potter has done a good job so far and has the potential to take us a lot further.

But unlike you, I am a long term thinker, so will wait and see how we develop over the coming years :wink:

I knew I was wasting my time. Lesson learned.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I was at the West Brom away. 2-0 down at half-time. Devoid of ideas. That followed on from a lovely trip to Huddersfield. Two down after about 15 minutes, and nothing thereafter. We didn't win in the home tie either.
I'm far more about direction of travel, rather than purely results. We're now on an upward trajectory, and have such an exciting future. We had that under CH for 3.5 years. Not in his last season. That points total at half-way in the 18/19 season obscured the downward slide. Delightfully, I missed the Bournemouth and Cardiff home games in that season. How did we get on in the away games?

Yes I was at WBA, and oTher when Knocky missed a sitter, we were poor, but the point was that we were not dominated or poor in the home game vs WBA (winning 3-1), and beat Palace twice in Hughton’s last season.

Rhetorical or not �� - Cardiff away we were fine and in front until Stephens got sent off, which was a poor decision. At home we were shocking, same goes for Bournemouth as well. Though Bournemouth away last year under Potter we were really poor as well. I think that is probably the only time I’ve wondered whether he was good enough.

Regardless of whether points obscured a two month drop off, we still amassed them.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yes I was at WBA, and oTher when Knocky missed a sitter, we were poor, but the point was that we were not dominated or poor in the home game vs WBA (winning 3-1), and beat Palace twice in Hughton’s last season.

Rhetorical or not �� - Cardiff away we were fine and in front until Stephens got sent off, which was a poor decision. At home we were shocking, same goes for Bournemouth as well. Though Bournemouth away last year under Potter we were really poor as well. I think that is probably the only time I’ve wondered whether he was good enough.

Regardless of whether points obscured a two month drop off, we still amassed them.

I know you hold points to be all. I don't, and also factor in direction of travel. This was why I turned against CH round about the time of those two home defeats, and why I'm very much pro-Potter. Pretty sure Bloom sees it that way, which we can both agree is far more important than what you and I think.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I know you hold points to be all. I don't, and also factor in direction of travel. This was why I turned against CH round about the time of those two home defeats, and why I'm very much pro-Potter. Pretty sure Bloom sees it that way, which we can both agree is far more important than what you and I think.

Sure - and to be clear I’m certainly not anti-Potter, just anti the way Hughton’s tenure is portrayed at times.

Not denying those last couple of months were very poor, but the first season certainly wasn’t, it’s just different type of football. Less entertaining but apparently equally as effective as we stand.

GP has a better squad and hopefully with the elusive forward we’ll be ready for more progress next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sure - and to be clear I’m certainly not anti-Potter, just anti the way Hughton’s tenure is portrayed at times.

Not denying those last couple of months were very poor, but the first season certainly wasn’t, it’s just different type of football. Less entertaining but apparently equally as effective as we stand.

GP has a better squad and hopefully with the elusive forward we’ll be ready for more progress next season.

Agree completely. Potter has some way to go until he surpasses what Hughton did for us.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Its frequently said that the team / individual players should be happy there are no fans around. Is the Brighton fanbase really that toxic?

Not IMHO. But Solly is, allegedly, more affected than most players by fans reactions

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here