Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Graham Potter

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Imagine the wailing from fans of a 'big' club if they took a manager from a #TeamLikeBrighton. Lol.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Looking at it from the point of view of where he would fit in, ​he'd be flummoxed at a club with productive strikers.

So Brighton it is then.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Like any of the players if a big club come calling then anything is possible.

However don’t think the big clubs really take punts on managers so would have to do something extraordinary to get on their radar.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Funnily enough had a chat with a former colleague a couple of days ago who is a lifelong Spud (STH and about 5th generation).....lots of chatter at their end about Potter taking over from Mourinho. Had a quick look on their forum - lots of mentions....

https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/in-search-of-mourinhos-successor.33936/page-129

They don't seem that keen to me. Finished no higher than Hughton; never got his team even into the top half of the league; pretty football but no end product; couldn't get newly relegated Swansea back up - all the usual cliches! They all agree he would be better than Mourinho though ....................

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They don't seem that keen to me. Finished no higher than Hughton; never got his team even into the top half of the league; pretty football but no end product; couldn't get newly relegated Swansea back up - all the usual cliches! They all agree he would be better than Mourinho though ....................

It’s very mixed......and pretty balanced to be fair. It’s basically ‘anyone but Mourinho’ :)

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
No way, he has us playing impressive football but the results are no more effective that CH, despite a better depth of squad. With us he has proved little (yet), but promise much, can’t see a top club gambling this summer. Hopefully in say two years they will be after him. #teamPotter UTA

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
If you look at the way we play football, it's pretty different to most other teams in the Premier League. I marvel at the way even teams like Liverpool spend so much time moving the ball around from side to side, mainly getting nowhere - whilst we just seem to pick "simple" passes through the middle, and as a result move the ball from defence to attack much more effectively. I think Potter would work wonders at a team like Spurs - although there would need to be a complete overhaul of the back four. Also, I think he'd do a better job at Arsenal than Arteta. However, neither of those clubs would be interested in Potter until he's get some serious success under his belt. (Arteta got the gig at Arsenal because of his time with Guardiola, and his Arsenal playing career).

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
If you look at the way we play football, it's pretty different to most other teams in the Premier League. I marvel at the way even teams like Liverpool spend so much time moving the ball around from side to side, mainly getting nowhere - whilst we just seem to pick "simple" passes through the middle, and as a result move the ball from defence to attack much more effectively. I think Potter would work wonders at a team like Spurs - although there would need to be a complete overhaul of the back four. Also, I think he'd do a better job at Arsenal than Arteta. However, neither of those clubs would be interested in Potter until he's get some serious success under his belt. (Arteta got the gig at Arsenal because of his time with Guardiola, and his Arsenal playing career).

You must be watching a different team to me each week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here