Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Be pleased with that point pleeeeeease...

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Much weakened Everton team. Parked the bus and came to nick a 1-0. They nearly got it. Showed us great respect in following those tactics but also recognised our weakness in breaking down packed defence. Another point. Looking forward to our cup final - Sheffield United away.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A point towards staying up. Bossed the game against the team 3rd / 4th best away record in league. We played well (not as well as other games but still well). Can’t fault anybody with having a bad game at all. 7s all round with Biss and Lallana 8s imo. Yes, we didn’t create enough clear cut chances but credit Everton’s defending too - we are in the premier league ffs and Richarlison cost as much as our whole team. Not a firecracker but please just enjoy what we did in the premier league - restricted them to nothing - and playing great football with a philosophy we stick to! It’s never gonna be perfect - oh Coleman agrees re us I see eh :lol:

Up the Albion for me - a well earned dominant point no?!

Agreed. Considering some of our performances this season, I'll gladly take a point from a match against a team who should make mincemeat of us.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
I'd have taken the point and the performance before the game. However, the finishing was woeful. Regardless, it's a step away from the relegation places and I think we're a player or two away from cracking top 8 let alone top 10 with the way we play. It's a slow work in progress but we're definitely progressing. Dominating teams like Everton managed by Carlo Ancelloti is impressive.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There is more than a touch of 'lil old Albion' bubbling through this thread.

All things being well, the club will be entering its 5th season in the Premier League.
That's the best part of £600m wheeled in through the front door.

Mr Bloom could have had a lobotomy, could have decided to follow the palace way and could have bought Richarlison 10 times over, could guarantee 40+ points a season irrespective of who's playing or managing.
Thankfully he didn't, thankfully he has provided us with so much more.

But that doesn't change the fact lil old Brighton are one of the biggest teams in the country and so by association one of the wealthiest clubs in the world.

We ought not be pleased with a point last night.
Checking the relegation tracker/odds.
Hoping WBA and/or Fulham lose.

By now 'we' really should feel like we belong, not just happy with the crumbs from the table.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
A very disappointing draw last night in my opinion. It was a very poor Everton performance, in part because of how well we played against them - but largely due to their lack of available players.

Our finishing was absolutely tragic, as usual. Very disappointing we didn't test Olsen, because he usually fails them. A point in the bank is never a bad thing but it is disappointing we didn't win the game. I certainly wouldn't be critical of anything other than the amateurish finishing.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A genuine question and not a dig. How do you come to this conclusion?

Because I do not see Fulham - with their inferior goal difference - reaching the 37 points they'll require to overtake us. That will mean either 4 wins out of 6, or 3 wins / 2 draws / 1 loss, or 2 wins and 5 draws (unbeaten to the rest of the season). The fact they have to go out and seek 3 points every match means they will be vulnerable at the back - it's not going to happen, especially when they are facing Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd.

Similarly, I do not see WBA getting the 13 points they would need from their remaining 7 matches. That's 4 wins and a draw, or unbeaten with 3 wins and 4 draws. Al of their remaining matches are against top half teams, with the exception of Wolves which is a local derby where the opposition should be fully motivated.

They have been impressive recently, but it's easier to go out and play when you have nothing to lose. I suspect if they reach a point when they have a genuine chance of safety they may tighten up.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Thought Maupay’s passing was sloppy tonight. It’s unfair on him to play on his own down the middle. Agree, satisfactory point in a match where we could have slipped up.

Ps Ings ? Did you see him earlier? Like most of the Saints players.... on their holidays

More like one eye on their FA Cup semi final. Which, I suspect, was part of the reason Manchester City lost to Leeds as well (although they're chasing four trophies, not one...)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'm happy with the point.

Not because we are little old Albion, and we should not expect to challenge teams like Everton.
But because it was a hard-fought game, which we just about edged.

Everton set up for a draw, and hoped to nick a goal, like others have before.
Clearly Ancelotti didn't consider us to be little old Brighton, no reason why any of us should.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Didn't watch the second half but am pretty content with that point. I'm far happier with a 0-0 draw against a decent team than going in 1-0 up at the break, only to then be outplayed in the second half and lose 2-1. I won't snub a hard-earned point against Everton.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You don’t get an avalanche of over 80 thumbs up unless you’ve made a good post

Totally get it.

But............ I still feel hungry for more.

Points not thumbs ups

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here