Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Be pleased with that point pleeeeeease...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Happy with that.
Thought we had gifted Iwobi a goal at the end.
Bissouma immense.
Really poor in the last third after last few games but a clean sheet and a good point towards safety

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Maupay was terrible.

Maupay’s finishing was terrible - his all round play was good l. That’s my thing re Maupay - not a good enough striker but a good enough player in the prem. opinions obviously pal :thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A point towards staying up. Bossed the game against the team 3rd / 4th best away record in league. We played well (not as well as other games but still well). Can’t fault anybody with having a bad game at all. 7s all round with Biss and Lallana 8s imo. Yes, we didn’t create enough clear cut chances but credit Everton’s defending too - we are in the premier league ffs and Richarlison cost as much as our whole team. Not a firecracker but please just enjoy what we did in the premier league - restricted them to nothing - and playing great football with a philosophy we stick to! It’s never gonna be perfect - oh Coleman agrees on us eh :lol:

Up the Albion for me - a well earned dominant point no?!
Richarlison didn't cost as much as our whole team, not by a county mile. He didn't even cost as much as Maupay, Webster and Jahanbakhsh put together.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=how+much+did+richarlison+cost+everton

Their team overall is much more expensive than ours though, obviously.

Point is fine but entertainment wise it was a flat watch. We all know there’s a bigger picture with a few games to go, yes

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Well said. I would have definitely taken a point before the game given Everton’s league position and away form.

Also, credit to Everton they really did throw some bodies in the way at that back.

For once it’s nice to get a point and feel satisfied rather than hugely frustrated.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A point towards staying up. Bossed the game against the team 3rd / 4th best away record in league. We played well (not as well as other games but still well). Can’t fault anybody with having a bad game at all. 7s all round with Biss and Lallana 8s imo. Yes, we didn’t create enough clear cut chances but credit Everton’s defending too - we are in the premier league ffs and Richarlison cost as much as our whole team. Not a firecracker but please just enjoy what we did in the premier league - restricted them to nothing - and playing great football with a philosophy we stick to! It’s never gonna be perfect - oh Coleman agrees on us eh :lol:

Up the Albion for me - a well earned dominant point no?!

Well said.

As for people going on about signings during the period where nobody can sign anyone. Give me strength. May as well start asking where the cup final money went.

Incidentally, Shergar is in my deep freeze ???

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Everton captain Seamus Coleman to Sky Sports: "It's a point away from home. Obviously we wanted to win the game but Brighton are a very good side. Our disappointment was probably not picking up all three points against Crystal Palace. This is probably a good point away from home”

[emoji56]

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Maupay’s finishing was terrible - his all round play was good l. That’s my thing re Maupay - not a good enough striker but a good enough player in the prem. opinions obviously pal :thumbsup:

Thought Maupay’s passing was sloppy tonight. It’s unfair on him to play on his own down the middle. Agree, satisfactory point in a match where we could have slipped up.

Ps Ings ? Did you see him earlier? Like most of the Saints players.... on their holidays

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Good point.

Good have nice, high-flying dreams about next season but this one its just about getting those last couple of points and each could have high value.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Pleased with a point, clean sheet and moved up to 15th. Everton defended very well, making it difficult for us to finish.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Did you not notice the number of players they had blocking everything in their penalty area? Very difficult to take anything against a defence that good with no world class players to make the difference.

Ditto Burnley, West Brom, Palace and a few others

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Richarlison didn't cost as much as our whole team, not by a county mile. He didn't even cost as much as Maupay, Webster and Jahanbakhsh put together.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=how+much+did+richarlison+cost+everton

Their team overall is much more expensive than ours though, obviously.

Heeeeeeees Brazilian - he only cost £50 million...
Let’s go

Free ish
Sanchez
Dunk
White
Welbs
Lallana

Gross 3 ish?
Biss 15 ish
Tross 18 ish
Maupay 20 ish
Velts 1
Moder 3?

£60 mil ish - so yeh our team and him not far off!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Shit game to watch but we were the better side, got a point against Everton and have gone above Burnley. Tick, tick, tick.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought Maupay’s passing was sloppy tonight. It’s unfair on him to play on his own down the middle. Agree, satisfactory point in a match where we could have slipped up.

Ps Ings ? Did you see him earlier? Like most of the Saints players.... on their holidays

Didn’t mate but he’s the realistic type of ‘gem’ we can hope for really. Need a premier league version of Ulloa I think.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Shit game to watch but we were the better side, got a point against Everton and have gone above Burnley. Tick, tick, tick.

I’ll raise you Bristol City in the play offs. The worst game of football ever for the neutrals - but to many of us, a masterpiece and a game we’ll always remember in our history - ‘nobody should miss from 14 yards’ :lol:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

We agree on his finishing being terrible. A striker is there primarily to strike, to finish. Maupay's never likely to be Harry Kane in terms of assists.

I think the jury's out on whether he's good enough in the Premier League. Which other team would he force his way into on current form?

I didn't think much of his all-round play for Brighton. He did set up one Everton attack in the 42nd minute when he passed backwards when deep in Everton's half.

But yes, it's always going to be a game of opinions.

Just need a nuanced view between the miserablism of Potter-outs and the Kool Aid Potter-in drinkers who can see no wrong. And I've always been Potter-in. :)

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Maupay should have scored but we pressed on 2nd half and Wellbeck and co got into some great posistions and the delivery was not bad either but Everton managed to just about clear or block so that was unlucky for us, we were not that bad in the final third, the longer the game went on neither team wanted to lose though, so quite happy with the point.
We need to keep on fighting and go again, i think is the popular phrase.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
You’re right mate - we need that Danny Ings - but it’s that lack of perfection that will always be there. And enjoy the ****ing ride :thumbsup:

In that respect not a lots changed since Peter Ward and my short trousers days. although I've never known such incompetence up front when playing at any level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here