Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 9-12/4/21

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Don’t care what anyone says this isn’t football anymore, they life and soul of the game is being sucked out, if you need to draw those tiny lines and it’s that close just allow the goal, VAR was meant to be about eradicating howlers, not one fan in the world would have complained about that being given onside 2 pre VAR.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
The main reason why I have not renewed my season ticket yet for next year, as VAR had totally ruined football for me, they have taken our game away, total disgusting and I would say the same if it was Fulham's goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Maybe I'm going blind in my old age but there doesn't even look a hint of offside to me, if you're going off elbows etc it looked to me as though the Fulham player's arm was behind, VAR just reaches whatever decision the officials want at times, it's a joke.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
There must be some "fuzziness" to the lines rather than the sharp ones used. They can't identify the exact frame when the ball was played and defenders toe looked ahead of his knee (where looked like they took the line from).

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Remember going batshit crazy for a last minute winner in front of a packed Amex?

It’s so desperately sad to me, that because of decisions like that I honestly no longer even get that moment of pure elation that football provides, that’s what we live for and what we give up our Saturdays for, I bet I’m not alone that i really don’t celebrate goals anymore if there’s even a tiny chance of someone being offside, our goal at Liverpool was a prime example - one of the biggest goals in our season, I was convinced Burn was offside at first glance.

The seeds decisions like this one plant in your head, that goals can be ruled out because of a sleeve frolicking in the wind, are killing the essence of a sport that was never meant to be perfect.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There must be some "fuzziness" to the lines rather than the sharp ones used. They can't identify the exact frame when the ball was played and defenders toe looked ahead of his knee (where looked like they took the line from).

I’ve been saying this for months....the ‘line’ needs to be thicker, and the attacker needs to be over it for it to be offside. The current lines are attaching a level of precision that simply doesn’t work - the point of impact on the ball of the kicker is enough to create a 1.5m + ‘margin of doubt’ against a sprinting striker.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Maybe I'm going blind in my old age but there doesn't even look a hint of offside to me, if you're going off elbows etc it looked to me as though the Fulham player's arm was behind, VAR just reaches whatever decision the officials want at times, it's a joke.

Podence's t- shirt line is nearer to the goal than the defender's t- shirt line and the defender's foot. If it was down to the foot position he would have been onside.

The thing is, the t-shirt line is impossible to measure accurately, whereas the planted foot is easy to measure.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Remember going batshit crazy for a last minute winner in front of a packed Amex?

It’s so desperately sad to me, that because of decisions like that I honestly no longer even get that moment of pure elation that football provides, that’s what we live for and what we give up our Saturdays for, I bet I’m not alone that i really don’t celebrate goals anymore if there’s even a tiny chance of someone being offside, our goal at Liverpool was a prime example - one of the biggest goals in our season, I was convinced Burn was offside at first glance.

The seeds decisions like this one plant in your head, that goals can be ruled out because of a sleeve frolicking in the wind, are killing the essence of a sport that was never meant to be perfect.

As Hoddle has just said, spectators will stop going to grounds unless something is done about VAR....he said supporters will just stay home and watch on TV, as we all know inside a gound no one know what the hell VAR are doing.

He also said it should be the foot not sleves....

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world

That's how it looks to me. Also, why have they drawn the line where they have, it doesn't relate to anything. How do they know the exact moment that the ball leaves the foot of the passer? It's not fit for purpose and wouldn't get past the first hurdle in any decent product proposal assessment. Fans are being mugged off.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
VAR is a farce (like you didn't know that).

There needs to be error margins in favour of attackers. It cannot continue like this.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Can we have the defence of VAR from the pro VAR people please

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The authorities will eventually change it to the foot position. We still won't be able to celebrate goals but at least it will speed up the VAR decision process because there's only one part of the body to measure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here