Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] REALISTIC signings for next season?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
We need an upgrade at left back and left wing back. I'm sure the club have options in mind.

I'd just like to have March back fully fit on the left. He was very good this season before his injury.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Cabral was linked with Dirty Leeds last summer.

Could be a good shout
I think Leeds bid something with add ons worth an eventual £15M or so for him, but Basel apparently wanted €20M (£18M) upfront. Decent record in a middling league, the kind of signing we tend to go for, but that's not exactly a cheap punt, close to our record fee. Can't see it myself, the way the club are talking. Not unless we're selling the family silver and we're very, very convinced he's the next big thing.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
I think Leeds bid something with add ons worth an eventual £15M or so for him, but Basel apparently wanted €20M (£18M) upfront. Decent record in a middling league, the kind of signing we tend to go for, but that's not exactly a cheap punt, close to our record fee. Can't see it myself, the way the club are talking. Not unless we're selling the family silver and we're very, very convinced he's the next big thing.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Your probably right but the club were prepared to spend big on Nunez last summer allegedly.I was thinking more of his style of play.i would be surprised if we make any big signings this year.

As i have stated before,i would rather we get the right player at the right place than get lumbered with another Locadia.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
I agree, I don’t want him to go but if Man Utd want him, they’ll get as they pay absolutely stupid money for English defenders. It’s almost ‘name your price’ territory; we’d clearly demand more than Palace got for the decidedly average Wan Bissaka.

The good news is that Webster or Veltman are both very good in the RCB position, we just need Clarke or Burn to step up at LCB before Roberts is ready in a few years time.

Think the boy Lars Dendoncker might have a view on being behind Roberts.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Best signings ?

New contracts for Biss, Lallana, Welbeck, White, Maupay ,Veltman and Trossard (assuming Dunk, Sanchez and Webster are secure).

Offload Ali J plus Connolly on loan and get a striker in.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Would like us to revisit Ryan Sessegnon, hasn’t worked out in Germany and reckon he’s available for £20m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I feel we should have taken a gamble on Toney while still at Peterborough . Apparently he cost Brentford £5m with another 5m in add ons. Think of the money we have wasted on Ali J, Lucadia etc.

However, if Brentford fail to go up I am sure someone like Palace will buy him and offer him a better salary than we can.

Just need to look for someone similar in the EFL

The money we wasted was probably contributory to the decision not to gamble

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Best signings ?

New contracts for Biss, Lallana, Welbeck, White, Maupay ,Veltman and Trossard (assuming Dunk, Sanchez and Webster are secure).

Offload Ali J plus Connolly on loan and get a striker in.
Definitely stick or twist with Bissouma. Has about 2 years left, we'll have to offer a new deal or sell up to avoid him going on a free (which is highly unlikely from our board)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No shit Sherlock.

I realise that an opinion on here that we won't buy a big name striker is like taking your toddler toys away from you but that's what I reckon will happen seeing as we have six striker options at the moment and have taken to playing a false nine or revolving attacking three. But then I'm brave enough to put my head above the parapet.

I think you’re right. Is there realistically any striker out there within our price range who is better than what we have and will definitely score 10-15 goals a season?

Been following Nunez since he chose Benfica over us and he’s looking like a dodged bullet at the moment: Only 4 goals scored in an inferior league that his team dominate most teams in, and he’s not even making their starting 11 now. Possibly too early to tell, but his stats from this year suggests he could have been another expensive mistake.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Been following Nunez since he chose Benfica over us and he’s looking like a dodged bullet at the moment: Only 4 goals scored in an inferior league that his team dominate most teams in, and he’s not even making their starting 11 now.
That's a little harsh - he had 2 games off with his hammy in early March, then came on from the bench in one of the two games since returning. He was starting before that.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
I think you’re right. Is there realistically any striker out there within our price range who is better than what we have and will definitely score 10-15 goals a season?

Been following Nunez since he chose Benfica over us and he’s looking like a dodged bullet at the moment: Only 4 goals scored in an inferior league that his team dominate most teams in, and he’s not even making their starting 11 now. Possibly too early to tell, but his stats from this year suggests he could have been another expensive mistake.

We also dodged bullets with Watkins and Brewster allegedly.

Watkins has only scored 2 more goals than Maupay and cost Villa £14 m more than the £16m we paid

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
A player who wants to stay in the Premier League and would thrive on the chances we create - SAN AGUERO

Even his mentor would like to play for us and he wants to bring on young MacAllister too, for his country.

You have to dream, as we did against Doncaster at the Goldstone all those years ago

And why not! Stranger things have happened. We could well be attractive to him if it’s not just about the money.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Mitrovic gives us nothing over Connolly, and Connolly gives us nothing over Championship level ability and sex tapes.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That's a little harsh - he had 2 games off with his hammy in early March, then came on from the bench in one of the two games since returning. He was starting before that.

Still only scored 4 in 20 though. It’s not great, is it?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'd be shocked if we haven't already offered Biss a new contract.

I'm certain we will have done as well.

He will see what transpires in the summer.

Who knows, if the right bid doesn't come in ... as it didn't for White last summer ... he may end up signing it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here