Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] holiday 20th May to Majorca

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
I have a holiday carried over from last year to Majorca and according to Tui the Travel Agent our holiday is still on for the 20th May.
I thought all holidays were cancelled or am I wrong?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have a holiday carried over from last year to Majorca and according to Tui the Travel Agent our holiday is still on for the 20th May.
I thought all holidays were cancelled or am I wrong?

International travel is technically allowed after May 17th, but testing/quarantine requirements aren’t clear yet and will depend on the status of the country you’re visiting (assuming date doesn’t change). Government are announcing the ‘plan’ on Monday and supposedly the red/amber/green countries.

I’ve just cancelled flights we had for a holiday at the end of May as I can’t see it being viable.

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
You should know more on Monday 5th or 12th April. TUI don’t know anymore than anyone else until then, at the moment, I think May 17th is when some holidays hope to go ahead, fingers crossed, with government approval.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Should be essential travel only imo. No one needs a holiday or indeed one abroad.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If the UK are allowing overseas travel by then, non-EU Turkey and Cyprus would be far better bets than anywhere else. They’ve made it abundantly clear in 2021 that they desperately keen to get British tourists back with next to no restrictions.

But then the question is what happens when you return, will the UK require that everyone in the party had had both jabs?

The EU talk about having a unified, strict approach to entrants. But Greece, also chasing the tourist £, appear opposed to barriers.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
If the UK are allowing overseas travel by then, non-EU Turkey and Cyprus would be far better bets than anywhere else. They’ve made it abundantly clear in 2021 that they desperately keen to get British tourists back with next to no restrictions.

But then the question is what happens when you return, will the UK require that everyone in the party had had both jabs?

The EU talk about having a unified, strict approach to entrants. But Greece, also chasing the tourist £, appear opposed to barriers.

Cyprus is in the EU, no?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Anyone who "NEEDS" their holiday abroad should be made to isolate at their expense in a hotel when back and made to pay for their testing and a special entry tax of £1000 per person that goes straight to the NHS. If they so NEED their holiday then they can afford it.

Just a thought how about helping the tourist industry in this country. We also sell tacky shite in tourist shops to take home and there's Irish bars in most towns. Oh and you can have a proper fried English breakfast not cooked by some old washed up soak, who sought the good life in the sun years ago, telling you their life story at the first opportunity before they slink off to their trailer park.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone you "NEEDS" their holiday abroad should be made to isolate at their expense in a hotel when back and made to pay for their testing and a special entry tax of £1000 per person that goes straight to the NHS. If they so NEED their holiday then they can afford it.

Just a thought how about helping the tourist industry in this country. We also sell tacky shite in tourist shops to take home and there's Irish bars in most towns. Oh and you can have a proper fried English breakfast not cooked by some old washed up soak, who sought the good life in the sun years ago, telling you their life story at the first opportunity before they slink off to their trailer park.

Greetings from Britain...wish you were here!

Attachments

• C760C476-D04E-4309-80AB-F88A61088AF7.jpeg
    C760C476-D04E-4309-80AB-F88A61088AF7.jpeg
    146.1 KB · Views: 200

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Greetings from Britain...wish you were here!

Just not true. Sort of crap spouted by selfish people I'm afraid. It's been getting hotter and hotter as global warming takes affect thanks to people going abroad in tin cans spewing fumes everywhere

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Anyone you "NEEDS" their holiday abroad should be made to isolate at their expense in a hotel when back and made to pay for their testing and a special entry tax of £1000 per person that goes straight to the NHS. If they so NEED their holiday then they can afford it.

A complete ban on overseas travel from the UK, would leave £65B in the UK economy per annum (2019 figures). Against £22B spent here by overseas tourists. A huge boost to domestic tourism, or will most people just squirrel it away until they get their weeks in the sun?

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
I would seriously think twice, thrice and even more before confirming the holiday. Virtually nobody you are likely to come into contact with, waiters, barmen, car hire, taxi drivers etc., in fact nobody younger than 80 will have been vaccinated. Because of the disastrous, almost non existent vaccination programme of the Spanish government/EU it is frankly unsafe and not worth risking your health. Trust me as a 75 year old still awaiting hopefully a jab before it's too late.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just not true. Sort of crap spouted by selfish people I'm afraid. It's been getting hotter and hotter as global warming takes affect thanks to people going abroad in tin cans spewing fumes everywhere

What if Easyjet and the flyer say they’ve carbon offset the flight, by some money somewhere going towards the planting of conifers?

Personally, to me that’s always sounded too neat a solution for the pollution from billions flying. But what do I know.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Attachments

• 99BD976F-3391-4587-8CF7-9F7200C9D13C.jpeg
    99BD976F-3391-4587-8CF7-9F7200C9D13C.jpeg
    338.4 KB · Views: 172

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What if Easyjet and the flyer say they’ve carbon offset the flight, by some money somewhere going towards the planting of conifers?

Personally, to me that’s always sounded too neat a solution for the pollution from billions flying. But what do I know.

A few trees being planted for chucking exhaust fumes from a coarse cut fuel high in the atmosphere is not being carbon neutral, however the issue is not that currently it’s the selfish ones who insist on spreading this dreadful disease.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Getting back on topic I still feel it’s too risky to travel abroad in May for a number of reasons. I wouldn’t go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here