Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Everton get government go-ahead for new stadium

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I’ve never been to Goodison park. Is it worth the trip before they move?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I’ve never been to Goodison park. Is it worth the trip before they move?

Nice old ground, but frankly the away end (it's actually on the side) is pretty awful. Back half has visitbility issues (bit like back few rows at Anfield), front half is very low (similar to Wolves side view), but overall a good experience as I like Liverpool as city and it does feel like a proper old football ground.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
ohh, I hope they have lobstercam. I watched every blooming brick and girder going in at the Amex!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Really impressed with these plans. With some of the newer stadiums and upgrades we have an exceptional selection of stadiums in the top flight.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Good luck to Everton for making this happen. If the end product is anything like the video they'll have a stadium to rival Spurs.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m very pleased for them. Like Everton as a club. However, anyone else slightly envious of how quick (compared to us) it’s all been. How easy it’s been (unless I missed all the marches, letters, flowers, songs etc) Another example of one rule for the establishment, another for the also rans...

Larry Boyd

Banned
Feb 25, 2021
I’m very pleased for them. Like Everton as a club. However, anyone else slightly envious of how quick (compared to us) it’s all been. How easy it’s been (unless I missed all the marches, letters, flowers, songs etc) Another example of one rule for the establishment, another for the also rans...

Or site suitability?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

They aren’t building it in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. It’s in Liverpool.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here