Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea Game Postponed

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Probably my eyes but couldn’t see a thread but guess it was out there anyway as it’s FA Cup weekend.

Could be a good thing to break up that tough run of 3 games we have?

On that note a couple of little things I’m keeping an eye on;:

1) Sockboys fitness as Fulham have Villa in a couple of weeks - would be good if he was back.

2) Same with Son as he is crocked and Newcastle have Spurs in 2 weeks.

3) Chances of Sheff Utd already relegated by time we play them. Very slim and is catch 22 as would mean Fulham picking up points. I’d rather ours wasn’t the ‘official’ relegation game as they may raise it for that...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Probably my eyes but couldn’t see a thread but guess it was out there anyway as it’s FA Cup weekend.

1) Sockboys fitness as Fulham have Villa in a couple of weeks - would be good if he was back.

3) Chances of Sheff Utd already relegated by time we play them. Very slim and is catch 22 as would mean Fulham picking up points. I’d rather ours wasn’t the ‘official’ relegation game as they may raise it for that...

The other side of that coin is that if they are already down then the pressure is on Fulham.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If you look at Chelsea's fixtures, I think the most likely new date is about 3 or 4 days later than the original game.

Yes. The following week could be a Champions League date.

Other than that it would be May.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Couldn't give a stuff what Sheffield and WBA do now, they are both doomed. No need to look out for their results any more.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sheffield are as relegated as it gets, they wont be rising for anything. The only advantage they could have going into any game right now is that all pressure is off and they could just play for fun but I doubt its going to get them any points anywhere aside for the outside chance of beating Newcastle.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I’d rather us relegate Sheffield United in GW33 as it’s often tradition for relegated clubs to find form once the pressure is off.

Or is that a total myth? Can’t be bothered to look

We will have another game in hand GW32 over Fulham who are at Arsenal, so may be extra pressure on Fulham to get a result to keep us interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

You should be more concerned with Burnley, Southampton, Wolves and Palaces fixtures. :):albion2:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sheffield are as relegated as it gets, they wont be rising for anything. The only advantage they could have going into any game right now is that all pressure is off and they could just play for fun but I doubt its going to get them any points anywhere aside for the outside chance of beating Newcastle.

Sheffield United strike me as a team which will be even more shit when the pressure is off.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I’d rather us relegate Sheffield United in GW33 as it’s often tradition for relegated clubs to find form once the pressure is off.

We will have another game in hand GW32 over Fulham who are at Arsenal, so may be extra pressure on Fulham to get a result to keep us interested

I remember Stoke City's end of season relegation party at The Goldstone, 1990? Already relegated, spanked us 1-4

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But you still will though won't you :)

Up until and after we got turned over by West Brom, I was eyeing up all their fixtures and injuries as much as I was ours.

Now ? Nah, they're gone along with the Blunts. They're both irrelevant to us now. And Newcastle are so rank piss-poor I'll be surprised if they get out of it tbh. They look shot.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Game Week 33!!! This sport is becoming so Americanised!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

What is this GW thingy some American shite for weekends or something crap?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

The Sheff United game is one games in hand over Fulham as they've already played that fixture due to Spurs being in the League Cup final. A win their would be huge for our season no doubt about it.

It might be enough to confirm Sheff Utds relegation too as they'd only have 15 points to play for and the current gap is 14 points to Newcastle. Not sure if that gap will change much over the next few fixtures Sheff Utd might get a point or two and Newcastle maybe have a chance of a win against Burnley.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
The Sheff United game is one games in hand over Fulham as they've already played that fixture due to Spurs being in the League Cup final. A win their would be huge for our season no doubt about it.

It might be enough to confirm Sheff Utds relegation too as they'd only have 15 points to play for and the current gap is 14 points to Newcastle. Not sure if that gap will change much over the next few fixtures Sheff Utd might get a point or two and Newcastle maybe have a chance of a win against Burnley.

The Newcastle v Burnley game maybe a realistic chance for points for Newcastle but then I’m pretty sure that Dyche will have his team revved up for not losing that one.

theboybilly

A few years ago Sheffield United were relagated and proceeded to win their final 4 games

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Nah CL semi finals are mid week after.

That is exactly what I think [MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION] is saying. We can only realistically play Chelsea on the 20th/21st April a few days after it was originally scheduled. We couldn't arrange the game for the following week as it risks being postponed again if Chelsea make the CL semi finals. It's doubtful we'd be able to fit in to May either, the first mid week is out as that's the second leg of the Champions League semi finals. There then isn't probably going to be any other space in the May schedule due to the FA Cup final and moving of fixtures to accommodate two sets of games with fans allowed. The only other spare date may be 15th May weekend if Man City beat Chelsea in the FA Cup as our game with City would be moved.

I expect the club want to get it out of the way as quickly as possible to avoid what looks like a huge amount of games in May (currently 5 in 23 days), and the uncertainty around when exactly the last few fixtures will take place, so I fully expect that it will be re-arranged to April 20th/21st.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here