Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Missed chances compilation

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Gut wrenching viewing. Just not good enough across the board, not to mention how ****ing unlucky we’ve also been. The diff between goals scored (27) and xG (45) is massive of which I reckon half have been genuine bad luck and the rest just shit finishing. Even allowing for a little more luck we SHOULD easily be sat on 35 points now, then add in the ‘what we could have won’ bucket with better finishing we’d be bloody easily top ten.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I still can't believe that Jahanbaksh hit the bar from 2 feet, a couple of minutes after Connolly's 'header'

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Much wrist slashing has already taken place this week on this very subject

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Gut wrenching viewing. Just not good enough across the board, not to mention how ****ing unlucky we’ve also been. The diff between goals scored (27) and xG (45) is massive of which I reckon half have been genuine bad luck and the rest just shit finishing. Even allowing for a little more luck we SHOULD easily be sat on 35 points now, then add in the ‘what we could have won’ bucket with better finishing we’d be bloody easily top ten.

I laughed - the sheer tragedy of it! :laugh::moo:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

There was some terrible shooting and heading accuracy there but also a lot of very unlucky deflections and rebounds.

Probably another 6 points if we had more luck. and another 6 if we had more clinical strikers. So many one on ones where a top striker would most likely have buried it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Of course Potter deserves some of the criticism because he is ultimately the guy responsible for making sure the players are putting it in the goal, either physically or mentally. He is head coach after all.

What gets me about watching this is how often we hit the woodwork. TBH I'm prepared to forgive the saves because frankly goalkeepers are allowed to make saves, but some of the actual misses are simply mind-boggling.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
And most of it in that horrible relegation kit. Will they be selling a special edition with 'best team ever to be relegated from the Premier League' embroidered above the badge, with our final xGoals total on a special sleeve patch?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Saw this on Twitter previously.

One of the replies was along the liens of:

It's been a bad season when the song restarts during your worse misses compilation

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here