Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I get passionate about loads of Social Justice issues that outrage me. Someone liking a Tweet just isn't one of those things.

I recall years ago having a discussion with one of the Directors at Newcastle United at the time.

I don't know if you remember the on pitch fight between Kiran Dyer and another Newcastle player.

That particular Director was outraged that Dyer didn't take his earring out of his ear when he gave an apology to the Media.

And I thought to myself. " Get a f#ckin life if you think a footballer wearing an earring in a Press Conference is something to be outraged about.

We're all different.

A current player regardless of where he is loaned, showing negativity towards their club and the person replacing them doesn't sit well with me. When he left I think the vast majority of Brighton fans would have wished Ryan nothing but success. If you contrast his departure to that of Murray, who got even less game time last season, it's like chalk and cheese.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is it that.
1- You genuinely do not understand how Twitter works?
2- You don’t understand the point of the OP?
3- You don’t give 2 f***s what Ryan has done?

Nothing wrong with any of the above, or is it
4- You are on a wind up? As [MENTION=29779]Whitechapel[/MENTION] will have to get crayons out and write in block capitals to explain it any clearer.....:):)
2 and 3 I guess. Thanks for your interest - but I've lost mine completely by now! :)

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
He's right though, it's an embarrassing thread. If people can't stand him then don't following him on twitter or stalk everything he says or does.

Why on earth would DM you change that?

To explain what I meant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
The problem with Social Media is it can be taken in different ways by different people. Im not sticking up for anyone who has disrespected his employers but maybe he just liked it because the guy mentioned his name?
Maybe not.
With a less than 50% shot stopping rate this season he must realise it would be like throwing stones in glass houses if the reason was to gloat and that someone will see what hes done on social media.
Incredibly naive of him or way too vindictive for someone who was taking us down single handed, if it was in any way linked to what had happened to us and Big Bob.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Are you really claiming you don’t understand the tweet or how it relates to Sanchez?

I fully get people not being outraged by it, I’m not massively arsed. But to claim you don’t understand the tweet seems like you’re being purposefully naive.

Harsh and insulting. I'm also not one of the Twitterati and I'm not being purposely naive when I say that having looked at it a couple of times I don't understand it either.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Harsh and insulting. I'm also not one of the Twitterati and I'm not being purposely naive when I say that having looked at it a couple of times I don't understand it either.

You don’t understand why someone would be mentioning our former goalkeeper just after our current goalkeeper has made a costly mistake? Or why said former keeper would catch flak for agreeing with that person? Fair enough.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Of course it is human but it doesnt change that its very poor behaviour. Maupay could be liking posts referring to Gross/Welbecks missed penalties. Duffy could be liking referring to when someone like Webster makes a mistake. Bong could publicly show grudge about Dan Burn when things go wrong. None of them do though, because they are professionals and behave like professionals.

I understand his behaviour, but that doesnt make it any less piss poor. Sanchez must have felt like shit yesterday and having your so-called teammate (or ex-teammate, but he still belongs to the club) publicly pretty much grin at you when making a mistake, its just so ****ing bad.

Knowing how close the keepers work together I think that that ‘like’ is pretty poor form.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Sanchez: Makes an error leading to Leicester's winner.

Adam Peacock(Australian football presenter): Tweets "*cough* Mat Ryan *cough*

Maty Ryan: Likes the tweet. (You don't "like" a tweet if you don't agree with it)

It's extremely petty of Ryan to like a tweet which is pretty much saying, "If Ryan was in goal that wouldn't happen".

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
You don’t understand why someone would be mentioning our former goalkeeper just after our current goalkeeper has made a costly mistake? Or why said former keeper would catch flak for agreeing with that person? Fair enough.
You miss the point. Neither GT49er nor I and obviously a few others have any idea how to read the Tweet and see what you and others have staring you in the face. I'm sure you are right that there's an insult in there but we can't read Twitter well enough to see it.
N.B. edited to refer to GT49er who I mistakenly referred to as Easy 10.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
You miss the point. Neither Easy 10 nor I and obviously a few others have any idea how to read the Tweet and see what you and others have staring you in the face. I'm sure you are right that there's an insult in there but we can't read Twitter well enough to see it.

If you are still struggling, post 90 just before yours explains it.
Easy 10 hasn’t posted on this thread.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Maty Ryan #Crybaby

Sanchez: Makes an error leading to Leicester's winner.

Adam Peacock(Australian football presenter): Tweets "*cough* Mat Ryan *cough*

Maty Ryan: Likes the tweet. (You don't "like" a tweet if you don't agree with it)

It's extremely petty of Ryan to like a tweet which is pretty much saying, "If Ryan was in goal that wouldn't happen".

Exactly. And it’s his professional account. Going out to the football world.

I do think most footballers are a bit uneducated, it’s just a silly thing to do. Especially as he may end up having to come back to us. But even if not, you’re getting paid 40 grand a week by us. Just keep it classy. Or if any smarts create an alternate private Twitter and like as many posts sniggering about a young Brighton goalkeeper as you like.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
You miss the point. Neither GT49er nor I and obviously a few others have any idea how to read the Tweet and see what you and others have staring you in the face. I'm sure you are right that there's an insult in there but we can't read Twitter well enough to see it.

If you are still struggling, post 90 just before yours explains it.
Easy 10 hasn’t posted on this thread.

Thanks. Got it now:thumbsup:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Fair enough, the difference is GT49er knew what he was looking at and didn’t see the problem, I thought you were on the same wavelength as him.

Apologies :blush:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sour little bench warming midget.

Easy to criticise others when you're not in the firing line (anymore) yourself

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Personally I think there is enough room for doubt here.

The original tweet was positive for Maty rather than negative for Robbie.

Yes the context probably meant Maty knew what he was doing. Probably, but not definitely.

I'm going to leave my burning torch and pitchfork at home.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I don't think Matt is a crybaby,he is a tough fighter as we have seen many times for us.
I think there is a bit of an overreaction here,he hasn't sent a tweet on Bobby Sanchez account mocking him or sent a message to potter saying I told you so.
He had just liked a comment from someone,and the comment is not really that inflammatory either.
I wouldn't even be surprised if there is some dressing room banter and sanchez team mates take the piss for the flap,it's really not a big deal.
Maty was brilliant for us and maybe will be again,I don't think we should be trying to attack him especially in this case because I can't see he has done anything wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here