Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wellbeck

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I agree with this but there were two minor errors.

For their goal, he really should have latched on to Adams as he was closest whilst Burn was man marking Vestergaard. Saying that, if Dunk had pushed up with the rest of the backline, Adams would have been hopelessly offside which was the scenario he may have been anticipating so no biggie.

Secondly, he had a goal scoring opportunity which he didn’t capitalise on. Zeqiri put the most amazing high speed cross into him from deep on the left. A little more anticipation and speed and he’d have had a tap in. He’ll know next time to run in on Zeqiri’s crosses at full beans!

Overall, he has more than earned his likely start on Saturday.

Not a particular pro Welbeck / anti Welbeck guy - jury’s still out a bit on fitness etc but had undoubted ability. Just bemused as to why he got a load of stick after 15 mins game time. Fair play to him, he’s proved a point to some of the doubters - and yes needs more consistency with fitness to really prove a big point.

Last edited:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Welbeck has a high level of technical ability or he wouldn’t have played for Man Utd or arsenal . Consistency is what is needed from him .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
On a side-note I personally don’t think there’s any bad players in our squad who haven’t shown they have ability. Ali J probably closest to that for me but he’s shown glimpses of real class - just inconsistent. Burn has been caught out badly at times, but has also put in some great performances. Webster wasn’t great to start with but since lockdown one he’s been great. Genuinely can’t think of anyone I’d just call shit or whatever. The squad is very good. We’re still in a false / unnecessary position with mainly ourselves to blame and there’s a long way to go. I think the goal difference again backs this up massively in the table. Just hope if the worst happens we stick with Potter as the project is a long term one and he’d do well in the championship I think, having learned a lot in his time in English football for sure.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Welbeck is unselfish. If there's a 20% chance of him scoring against an 80% chance of another player scoring he'll lay it off so the team can take one.

He doesn't have anything to prove re his skill.

Not all our strikers (official or unofficial) are like that. Goes a long way in my book. Even if that is clearly the wrong choice if the ball ends up in row z as sometimes happens.

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
“We are where we are in the table and we’re there for a reason. It doesn't matter if we feel unlucky to be there. The pressure is on us every single game now, but we need to relish the pressure, relish the challenge and the win against Southampton really boosts confidence in the team.

“We're all looking forward to the rest of the season, obviously the Newcastle game is at the forefront of our minds but we'll be ready after a good week of training.”

Sounds like a leader to me, love him to stay fit for the rest of the campaign.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We have to start Welbeck to judge him properly. We were terrible in the second half, so not easy to come into a game when the midfield have pretty much given up.

No coincidence when he did start he scored that decent goal against Villa

[emoji102]
[emoji102]

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Thought he did well tonight. Goal was superb. But his running down the wings and interplay with Molder were excellent to watch

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Another tick in the Welbeck box - and Lallana the general whilst we’re here. Potter playing him and Maupay wide was absolutely class too and worked a treat.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That was his best game for us. I'd love the same against his old club Man Utd in 2 weeks.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Like always jumping to conclusion about a player, a lot of salty clueless people on here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The last two games he has been very good, with flashes of brilliance, he is obviously enjoying and growing into the team with the more game time he is managing. Hopefully he stays fit for the rest of the season and presuming he does, would you offer him a new or extended contract ?
I know I would...

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Another quality performance from Danny. The real question is do we offer him another year? Will this be on the clubs mind or should we be investing what will be high end wages on a new forward?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here