Votes: 15 25.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
As a cricketer, maybe. But as a person, definitely not. Four or five years ago my father, suffering from the early stages of Alzheimers, was flying from India back to Australia, on the same flight as the Indian cricket team. Kohli and a couple of other team members engaged my father in conversation for a couple of hours, and even walked him to the toilets to give my stepmother a break.
My father sadly died just three weeks ago, and there was a lovely photo of Kohli with my dad on that flight that was shown at the funeral.
Sorry to hear about your dad. That’s a nice thing the Indians did on the plane.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Good to see Anderson reversing just now. Hopefully he can do it with the ball as well as did with his bat.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
A very poor batting performance on what, by India standards, is a reasonable wicket.
England 205 all out.

11 overs left today?
It would be nice if we could get a couple of wickets today.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Our plans against spin aren’t up to the job. The Indians bowled well. No complaints about the pitch, this time.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Easily one of the most unlikeable characters in the world game at the moment, along with David Warner and Chris Gayle.

That's the Warner who's actively cheated on the field, helped blatantly cover it up, once punched Joe Root, had to be separated from Quinton de Kock in South Africa, apart from his general level of on-field bellendry that makes him unlikeable even by the standards of a pretty unlikeable Aussie team?

I can see why Kohli isn't to everybody's taste, but I don't think he's anywhere near that level.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I can see the Indian batsmen liking this wicket, turn but not too much yet and has looked like good value for aggressive shots.

Can see a big India score.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
That's the Warner who's actively cheated on the field, helped blatantly cover it up, once punched Joe Root, had to be separated from Quinton de Kock in South Africa, apart from his general level of on-field bellendry that makes him unlikeable even by the standards of a pretty unlikeable Aussie team?

I can see why Kohli isn't to everybody's taste, but I don't think he's anywhere near that level.

Oh that was just my top three. I agree Warner is arguably the single most dislikeable individual in international cricket right now.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh that was just my top three. I agree Warner is arguably the single most dislikeable individual in international cricket right now.

In the top 3 in all sports for me atm.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I wish they could do the toss the night before for these games. I know obviously they can't, but if I knew England were bowling I'd get up at 4, but not that bothered about getting up that early if we're batting.

You would need to get up early to watch England bat in this series.
Win the toss, bat first, all out by lunch.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As a cricketer, maybe. But as a person, definitely not. Four or five years ago my father, suffering from the early stages of Alzheimers, was flying from India back to Australia, on the same flight as the Indian cricket team. Kohli and a couple of other team members engaged my father in conversation for a couple of hours, and even walked him to the toilets to give my stepmother a break.
My father sadly died just three weeks ago, and there was a lovely photo of Kohli with my dad on that flight that was shown at the funeral.
Sorry to hear of the loss of your father... What a lovely gesture by the Indian players though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This series was lost the moment we rested Jimmy for the 2nd Test.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here