Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 02-04/03

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Surprisingly honest assessments on redcafe. Admitting that their mid season luck, in playing poorly but then Fernandes or Pogba bailing them out with a late goal, has run out.

G.Neville basically just said the same thing.

I really don't see what OGS brings to the table at Manchester United. I fail to seem him impress a personality, a style of play, a system or an identity at Old Trafford. Every performance is just a completely random occurance. He simply has a pool of hugely talented individuals who sometimes click and sometimes don't. He doesn't appear to have melded or created anything there, for all the resources at his disposal and is the biggest passenger going when it comes to PL management.

United are just as likely to beat Southampton 9-0 as they are draw 0-0 with Palace and I don't think either result has anything to do with OGS. The fact that they have only scored 1 goal all season vs. the other 'big 4/5' teams is a pretty poor indictment of his capabilities (and that was in the 1-6 thrashing by Spurs). How that bloke retains a job like that is beyond me.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Still gotta play Sheff U again, who predicts a tough game again?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I really don't see what OGS brings to the table at Manchester United. I fail to seem him impress a personality, a style of play, a system or an identity at Old Trafford. Every performance is just a completely random occurance. He simply has a pool of hugely talented individuals who sometimes click and sometimes don't. He doesn't appear to have melded or created anything there, for all the resources at his disposal and is the biggest passenger going when it comes to PL management.

United are just as likely to beat Southampton 9-0 as they are draw 0-0 with Palace and I don't think either result has anything to do with OGS. The fact that they have only scored 1 goal all season vs. the other 'big 4/5' teams is a pretty poor indictment of his capabilities (and that was in the 1-6 thrashing by Spurs). How that bloke retains a job like that is beyond me.

Probably because they are second in the table atm.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Probably because they are second in the table atm.

Fernandes, the PL signing of the last few years has more to do with it than OGS imo. Awesome player who has turned United around from the day he arrived

Any half reasonable manager should do well with the players United have

Pep would not be singing GP’s praises like he does if Potter was managing United, he’d be very worried about him!

Signed

Such a Sycophant

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

They are a lot healthier now than at any point with Moyes, LvG or Mourinho. Decent results, the players seem to like him, giving young players some game time... I dont think they want to rip it all apart again and start over with something that may or may not be better.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
But with that collection of players I reckon they would probably be 2nd anyway, regardless. :shrug:
So they dont need a manager?.......how cool :thumbsup:

Wonder how we would fare without GP? FWIW i dont think United have that good of a squad. A spattering of really good players (plus Pogba, vastly overrated & inconsistent but occasionally world class) i really dont think they would do much better with a different manager, they are a million light years away from City and to catch them their squad needs a complete overhaul and perhaps a world class manager like Pepe. I think it highlights how poor the chasing pack are when that United team are second.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Anyway

COME ON YOU SPURS!!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Not worried about tonight's games. As long as we win four 4 we'll be ok. We need to save ourselves not rely on someone else being more shit than we are.

You earn the right to stay up and we need to do that for ourselves.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The club and OGS simply don’t seem to have a strategy, other than spending £1,221m in fees alone since 2011. Ferdinand and G.Neville are using their newspaper columns to push the club to sign £140m Haaland. That’s it. Partly to stop ManC or RealM getting him.

Sheikh Mansour plays the same game in blowing almost everyone else out of the water, but their identity on the pitch is there for all to see.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Not worried about tonight's games. As long as we win four 4 we'll be ok. We need to save ourselves not rely on someone else being more shit than we are.

You earn the right to stay up and we need to do that for ourselves.

Sorry disagree. I don't care how we do it after this ridiculous season, we just need to stay up and it means hoping Fulham lose for the rest of the season then so be it. I have very few standards left :smile:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry - can't - brother-in-law is a hardcore Spurs fan and I take great pleasure in reminding him everytime they are shite.

Tonight you need to make an exception, and support what is best for the Albion :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have a very annoying problem, how can I get rid of the " Rate The Players" crap every time I go to the BBC Sport footy scores on the Android app? So sodding annoying, all I want is lineups, stats and live reporting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here