Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Explain please

As I saw it (once) the penalty came from a moment of madness from the defender from a fairly average cross that might/might not have created us with a scoring chance. It is not something we worked for.

Yes it was a golden opportunity to take the lead but with an hour left there is no way we can claim that’s missing the pen is the reason we didn’t win.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As I saw it (once) the penalty came from a moment of madness from the defender from a fairly average cross that might/might not have created us with a scoring chance. It is not something we worked for.

Yes it was a golden opportunity to take the lead but with an hour left there is no way we can claim that’s missing the pen is the reason we didn’t win.

Has anyone claimed it’s the reason why we didn’t win? (I may have missed this)
…..I can see what you are saying but I can’t agree with the not deserved on that basis…defender made the error ..clear cut penalty..despite the attempts by Norwich players….Krul should have been carded for unsporting behaviour..but Hooper was too weak
Thanks for replying.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I take it you're new to football!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Happy to stand by what I said, it’s a game of opinions and I’m absolutely happy with my opinion. Certainly doesn’t make me a Wally or lacking in emotional intelligence you twit.

It just appears that we have differing opinions on the situation :thumbsup:

It’s not an opinion though is it? It’s just you completely misread ie are wrong, and I’m just correcting you.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Brighton may not have "deserved the penalty" but the defender sure deserved to get a penalty against him. If your arms are straight up in the air and you pretty much catch the ball, you are going to get a penalty against you. Its has been the case since 1869 and will most likely to continue to be the case until our species are wiped off this planet.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Well given goals win games and it’s a clear shot from 12 yards, I would say it contributed….

As for something we didn’t work for, I would argue we created the situation with the cross, yes it was stupidity, but I don’t agree with the sentiment of your comment.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Brighton may not have "deserved the penalty" but the defender sure deserved to get a penalty against him. If your arms are straight up in the air and you pretty much catch the ball, you are going to get a penalty against you. Its has been the case since 1869 and will most likely to continue to be the case until our species are wiped off this planet.

I could have picked any of the replies but thank you for stating the obvious.

My point is that of course the referee was correct in awarding the penalty to us, however I stand by my point that it wasn’t something we had worked for, created and therefore deserved.

Obv the pen was our best chance but we can’t put not winning solely down to that.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I could have picked any of the replies but thank you for stating the obvious.

My point is that of course the referee was correct in awarding the penalty to us, however I stand by my point that it wasn’t something we had worked for, created and therefore deserved.

Obv the pen was our best chance but we can’t put not winning solely down to that.

Is that because NM didn't dive to the floor to get the pen awarded?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Good enough for a team wanting to get into the top 10... possibly not.

On the other hand I struggle to think of one single player who has had more impact on Brighton staying up since he arrived.

A half-decent Prem-level striker such as Murray would have scored twice as many goals as Maupay has managed. Just because he has converted a small percentage of the chances he has had does not mean he was or is the best choice for us to stay up and progress.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
The support for Maupay as he came off today was great to witness. Hopefully that’ll help Neal as missing those chances today won’t sit well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here