Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mercurial, majestic, magnificent Mitoma [20/10/23: New deal signed]

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Eupen have a game in hand today away to Gent, but whatever the result next weekend is massive at the top of the table.

Eupen v USG
Antwerp v Club Brugge

A chance for USG to either go two points clear at the top of the league or potentially open up a 5 point gap to third depending on results!

Expect Club Brugge to win in the end and Genk to wake up and grab the second place. But the Belgian league is at the kind of level that if you have a really good season even as a relegation tipped newcomer, it might carry you to qualify for European football.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
has anyone popped over to see a Union SG game yet?

had a look on their website and tickets look real cheap, especially to stand on that GAWJUZ terrace

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought this signing was odd as he isn’t particularly young and doesn’t seem to have done huge amounts. Couldn’t get in Japan’s Olympic team etc. Reminded me of the Tau experiment. But I’m hoping, given how well he’s doing, that I’m well wrong!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looking at a January return if we can cut the red tape according to the ‘gas.

“Asked whether the paperwork was the only reason Mitoma was in Belgium, Potter told The Argus: “As I understand it, that’s the challenge.

“At the moment he is enjoying his football there and it is important for him to take that step. Then we see what we can do in terms of the red tape, so to speak, the regulations and then we will make a decision in January.”

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good news for the work permit?
Even better news for those of us who only need:-

'boooooo a Japanese international' in order to get all 4 corners on their bingo card. :lol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Looking at a January return if we can cut the red tape according to the ‘gas.

“Asked whether the paperwork was the only reason Mitoma was in Belgium, Potter told The Argus: “As I understand it, that’s the challenge.

“At the moment he is enjoying his football there and it is important for him to take that step. Then we see what we can do in terms of the red tape, so to speak, the regulations and then we will make a decision in January.”

We have been here before with the lion of Judah!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Excellent news.

Out of all the 43 million players we have out on loan, to me, he seems the one most likely to be a first team player for us next season.

Edit - or even this season

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Apart from the hatrick has he actually done anything for USG. Doesn't seem to be their star player ?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Apart from the hatrick has he actually done anything for USG. Doesn't seem to be their star player ?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Only had about 40 minutes of game time before the hattrick and just started two games, both in which he looked great. Not easy going from the Japanese league to the a lot more physical Belgian league but seems to be adapting fine.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I dont know how long they will survive in top division with attendances of 3/4k. Especially as I think most of TV money goes to the big 2/3 clubs

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I dont know how long they will survive in top division with attendances of 3/4k. Especially as I think most of TV money goes to the big 2/3 clubs

Their game this weekend is sold out, has been for a while. Stadium capacity is 8k apparently.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

They are currently top of the league, 19 points ahead of the relegation play-off and 23 ahead of automatic relegation. Talking about survival currently is a new level of negative :lolol:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
So he’s being called up for his first International. Surely if he gets on at some stage and wins his first ‘cap’ it adds to his points for his UK work permit. Surely good news for us especially as It could mean a January recall to us. A left sided attacked would be useful with Welbeck out. An option from the bench rather than a first teamed but even so. He has pace, directness and knows where the goal is.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
They are currently top of the league, 19 points ahead of the relegation play-off and 23 ahead of automatic relegation. Talking about survival currently is a new level of negative :lolol:

I bet on their version of NSC their fans are asking for a European tracker to be added to their 2021/22 Staying Up Tracker.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Agree fantastic year and long may it continue. To be where they are must have some very good plays. However with there lack of income compared to Bruge etc they will not find it easy to hang on to players

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Agree fantastic year and long may it continue. To be where they are must have some very good plays. However with there lack of income compared to Bruge etc they will not find it easy to hang on to players

To be fair their attendances aren’t the worst in the league according to TransferMarkt: https://www.transfermarkt.com/jupiler-pro-league/besucherzahlen/wettbewerb/BE1

If they can get in to Europe this season then that’ll be massive for them, guess they have to rely on a brilliant scouting network like us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here