Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau - social media

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Anyone else really bored of the South African ultras on social media spamming every club post about Percy Tau? It was amusing at first but I’m wondering whether it’s becoming a problem for the club now, every single post they put out even when completely unrelated is filled up with Percy tau comments and in many instances abuse about why he’s not playing.

Or is it a case of good publicity for us and I’m just being a git?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Anyone else really bored of the South African ultras on social media spamming every club post about Percy Tau? It was amusing at first but I’m wondering whether it’s becoming a problem for the club now, every single post they put out even when completely unrelated is filled up with Percy tau comments and in many instances abuse about why he’s not playing.

Its silly but why would it be "a problem for the club"?

Also very easy solution is to not read the comments as its never ever done anything for anyone.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Is it really any different from what certain other "fans" were saying on social and proper media a month ago demanding a change in Manager

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Reading comments on club posts is just a waste of time and doesn’t add anything.

I very much doubt the club read any of them.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The social media algorithms don't work on the content of the posts but do see the amount of "engagement" the club accounts will be getting so from a social media point of view it is a good thing. Makes it look like the club accounts are really popular and encourages the algorithms to promote the club accounts. If it annoys you the simple solution is not to read the replies/comments.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Single issue zealots are tiresome and when they shoehorn their preoccupation into everything then it can be very galling.

It’s a problem in that sense, but small beans in the scheme of things.

Social media is what it is. The rough comes with the smooth and usually outweighs it.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Club latched onto it and stoked it at the beginning, so they can hardly complain if it does at some point become a problem.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Reading comments on club posts is just a waste of time and doesn’t add anything.

I very much doubt the club read any of them.

Reading mainstream social media is a waste of time on the whole!

But yes whenever I click on our team line-up on Twitter, all I get is a load of pre-prepared unfunny memes or ‘fashionable comments’ like ‘announce defeat’ - and then a number of idiots saying things like ‘Burn ffs’. Let’s hope the players never read them - but you know they will. Best avoided.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I was thinking more from an engagement with actual fans perspective - as you don’t really see many of our fans commenting on posts anymore which does reduce engagement with real fans.

I guess the club are making a fair bit from selling Tau shirts and other gear though so probably positives outweigh the negatives.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As somebody posted on another similar thread, the club should really be looking to shift a load of shirts to the Percy Tau ultras

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I posted this ages ago...I have stopped following any official accounts...same with England cricket / ECB which is trolled by south Asians and has become unreadable.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
What is this 'social media' of which you speak?

I am just starting to get my head around this T'Internet thing...

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Same as the AJ fans when he signed. They've since quietened down from what ive seen. Reading instagram or twitter comments is fantastic waste of time regardless of them, so i wouldnt be too bothered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here