Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone just tweeted training pics of himself

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah - from recent social media content it definitely feels like the club are paving the way for Andone to be involved with the first team again.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Reading between the lines I'd say that's a contract extension for Welbeck and Andone back into the squad. No new striker and Connolly out on loan.
I'd be happy with that. outcome.
Can't see why the club would release this video if not.

Pretty sure the players will be media-prepped to the hilt before these things...................that's how I saw it too, although not so sure about a new striker - probably depends on whether we cash in on a big sale.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Agree that the club have decided on reintegrating him.

Which is obviously the sensible thing to do.

I expect to see lots of training pictures and I also expect GP to be asked about him in the pre match press conference.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Pretty sure the players will be media-prepped to the hilt before these things...................that's how I saw it too, although not so sure about a new striker - probably depends on whether we cash in on a big sale.

The thing is, I'm still not 100% convinced a silver bullet striker is needed. Welbeck for another year seems like smart business currently, a fully fit Andone is certainly added value to the squad, Maupay is a good striker (but he needs to stop scuffing his shots). All we need it 5 or 6 more goals out of Maupay and we have a 15 goal a season striker already.

The bigger concern for me is that up until recently, ALL the pressure falls on the striker to score because we score zero goals from midfield. Trossard has started to step up again but is more of a forward than a midfielder, Gross adds a couple plus 6 assists, but other than that we have six, SIX goals from midfield.

If you look at clubs in a similar position to where we'd like to be Villa have 16, Palace have 11 (20 if you count Zaha as a midfielder), Leeds have 16.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agree that the club have decided on reintegrating him.

Which is obviously the sensible thing to do.

I expect to see lots of training pictures and I also expect GP to be asked about him in the pre match press conference.

Probably a lot easier to do now that Bernardo has gone........

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I would love to see a fit Andone in the match-day squad.

As he's just become a father (from the Welbeck interview) you would hope he'll be a little calmer on the pitch now.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

As he's just become a father (from the Welbeck interview) you would hope he'll be a little calmer on the pitch now.

I'd like him to continue being the aggressive little shit house he was in his previous spell. Our current squad is a bit too nice at times.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'd like him to continue being the aggressive little shit house he was in his previous spell. Our current squad is a bit too nice at times.

Same. We're too often bullied by wily opponents who know all the tricks in the book.

Florin will give a bit back.

You'd imagine he won't feature heavily this season. If we can get him a decent preseason though, (along with Solly and Tariq) he'll hopefully be raring to go for the start of next

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It would certainly be very odd for the interviewer to be asking about Florin in detail without an agenda in there somewhere.

It’s laughable how contrived that segment is, like we’re complete idiots. You can imagine the pre-interview brief to Danny: “I’ll ask about any characters in the squad, at which point we’ll segue into an Andone segment, so if you could talk about him and mention a potential return to the squad...”

That saiid, a ‘Well-done’ bromance, bring it on! :)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

The Welbeck interview seems to be the pre-cursor to his inclusion in the match day squad this weekend. Especially with Connolly a doubt.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Welbeck interview seems to be the pre-cursor to his inclusion in the match day squad this weekend. Especially with Connolly a doubt.

There are some on here who’d better stock up with Kleenex in case this happens :wink:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
There did seem somewhat of an agenda in that video. Maybe we're about to see his return or it was a bit of a promo video for prospective buyers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here