Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Newcastle - up the creek?

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Agreed. Not sure that bit was thought through when they announced it.

I think this was thought about and there were suggestions that one of the last round of midweek fixtures could be delayed and played during the last week of the season to allow all clubs to hold a home fixture with fans allowed ? Can remember the discussion but cannot remember where now ? Anyone else hear this or was I dreaming / having a nightmare following last week !

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
"We don't get luck"

Played Spurs without Kane
Liverpool without Mane
Palace without Zaha
Leicester we'll play with no Barnes or Maddison
Newcastle we'll play with nobody left

All teams have injuries but quite a good run we've had playing teams missing some of their main goal threats.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

true but we have been missing key players as well - 3 of the 5 first choice defenders all of whom also made bi contributions to our attacking capabilities.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think this was thought about and there were suggestions that one of the last round of midweek fixtures could be delayed and played during the last week of the season to allow all clubs to hold a home fixture with fans allowed ? Can remember the discussion but cannot remember where now ? Anyone else hear this or was I dreaming / having a nightmare following last week !

No you are right but they only started talking about changing the penultimate round of games to midweek AFTER they'd announced fans returning for the final game due to complaints about it being an unfair advantage.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

If they want themselves and the competition to be seen as fair then the Premier League shouldnt even let this go to a vote. Unless it was all 20 teams voting in favour of fans being let in then you're going to be ****ing over at least 1 club. They leave themselves open to a scenario where a team like Newcastle could rightly not want fans in the stadium for their last game away to Fulham, and having gained that small advantage Fulham win to send Newcastle down. Their fans would be fuming. Home advantage with fans in the stadium would no doubt give teams some benefit, so surely you cant play out a season without fans & then let them in for the final day deciders.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
No you are right but they only started talking about changing the penultimate round of games to midweek AFTER they'd announced fans returning for the final game due to complaints about it being an unfair advantage.

I thought it was the preceding midweek fixtures rather than the penultimate fixtures so you are probably correct which is just a continuation of our luck this year when you consider who our penultimate game is against.:mad:

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
"We don't get luck"

Liverpool without Mane
Palace without Zaha

All teams have injuries but quite a good run we've had playing teams missing some of their main goal threats.

Exactly great point

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
"We don't get luck"

Liverpool without Mane
Palace without Zaha

Indeed , Leeds without their good keeper and Phillips.
In the first West Brom they sold their best defender against the managers wishes on the day of the game

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Indeed , Leeds without their good keeper and Phillips.
In the first West Brom they sold their best defender against the managers wishes on the day of the game
And in our win against Villa the then in-form Barkley got injured in the first few mins.

Romeu ran the game for Saints at The Amex, he's now out for the season.

Amazon published an injury table list yesterday, we are somewhere in the middle, unsurprisingly

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm not sure it's luck or otherwise, there have been loads of injuries for nearly all clubs in a totally jam packed winter schedule

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
To be fair to Matt Ritchie, it is very strange he isn't getting game time. He's a very uncomplicated footballer, he likes to put in crosses and play attacking passes and likes the odd goal here and there. What's not to like? I don't really understand why Bruce doesn't play him, especially given the form of his other players this season. Ritchie's a very useful left sided player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here