Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A point against Burnley

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Would you take a point right now? Personally I would. Although I think we are better than them and after our last two massive wins as fans it would be acceptable to get carried away and expect us to beat Burnley. However, we have up to 9 players out injured, Burnley are very much a physical long ball side, who are particularly dangerous at set pieces and we struggle against teams like this even with a full side out.

I think a point keeps the momentum going and keep adding to the points tally but obviously would rather win.

Going to be a tough game regardless.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
If we’d been offered 8 points from Fulham, Spurs, Liverpool & Burnley we’d have taken that all day.

Would be a bit strange to get them this way round though. :lolol:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Dyche is a good manager and they won't go down.

Any point away is good

Keeps us above them

Point be a GOOD result

el punal

Wood or Barnes are both still out, so that will help us - they only had 0.1 xG against Man City!

Wood out? Thank f*** for that. That sod ALWAYS scores when we play Burnley. It’s as if he has a personal vendetta against the Albion for letting him go ten years ago. Fingers crossed that we do the business as Burnley seem to jinx us whenever we play them.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
After our results this week think we might as well go for the win

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wood out? Thank f*** for that. That sod ALWAYS scores when we play Burnley. It’s as if he has a personal vendetta against the Albion for letting him go ten years ago. Fingers crossed that we do the business as Burnley seem to jinx us whenever we play them.

Enjoys his goals against us more than any I feel. I remember his goal celebration against us at the Amex for Millwall. Most ex players show a bit of respect when they score against ex clubs. Not him, he’s also got a very punchable face. ( not that I’d be doing the punching) :lolol:

I wasn’t happy to settle for a point against Liverpool, those days are gone for this Potter fanboy. No way will I settle for a point against poxy Burnley, we owe them a footballing lesson!

Oh shit, what have I done :ohmy:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm expecting a loss.

Firstly after beating Spurs, and then Liverpool away, losing to Burnley is a very Albion thing to do.

Secondly, we gave a lot on Wednesday night - can they play with the same intensity against "only Burnley".

Thirdly, we are quite strong favourites with the bookies. How often are we favourites away from home in the Premier League?

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I'd be happy with an away point at Burnley. I wouldn't take it if it was offered now though. Would rather risk losing with chance of getting the three points

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Are Wood and Barnes definitely still out of this one? If they're in the team then some more physical strikers like that will be a tough test.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I'd take a point now. These are the types of games we tend to struggle in. Potter seems to have devised a really good plan for the better opponents but we've generally been poor against those around us. Take a point and reflect on a productive week.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Now we are at a point a game then yes. If we hadn't won the last two games then this would be a one I wanted to win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here