Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] England call up - who?

Who will be the next Brighton player to make the senior England squad?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
While we are still basking in 3 wins and 4 clean sheets, I'd like to ask who, if anyone - let's be realistic, we are just little 'ole Brighton, and Southgate only picks players who are in form (for their top six club) - will be the first to be called up to the full England squad (to be an unused substitute and never selected again, obviously). Poll to follow.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If Solly's injury isnt too bad it would be silly if Southgate didnt give him a chance considering that the current English left backs really arent all that.

Out of the rest, Webster surely should get called up soon and Dunk/White cant be too far away either. Same with Sanchez tbh, if possible.

BDB getting called up would be a beautiful story but cant see it happening - despite Southgate being desperate enough for a left footed centre back to continue to call up Mings. Lamptey is dirty good as we know but that goes for his competition as well, despite TAA having a shite season. His time will come but not quite yet.

Since the next friendly is some time in March (correct me if I'm wrong) and Solly perhaps wont be fit or at least match fit, my vote goes to Webster.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
They all deserve it, but Webster has the best chance as the pundits are starting to reference it.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Solly deserves a call but given that Southgate has chosen Trippier over all available left backs shows how likely that is.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
all of these - England's back 5

English Defense.jpg

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Webster.

Though Solly is deservedly very, very close IMO - especially if Tuchel continues to prefer Alonso at wing back at Chelsea ahead of Chilwell.

Lamptey has got a bit of work on to get ahead of TAA, Walker, AWB and now James Justin.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So close to a tournament I am not sure if we will see any 'new' faces being included, but the WC campaign will certainly open up some possibilities

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It'll obviously never happen but Southgate could genuinely do worse than call up all 3 of the CBs. Their understanding is superb and raises each of their games, rather than taking 1 or 2 and putting them alongside players whose attributes don't mesh/unfamiliar with each other's game.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Webster looks the real deal to me, although Southgate is more likely to look at White simply because Bielsa rated him at THE Leeds United. At least with Dunk being excluded, you could argue there were others who were as good - although I'm talking about Conor Coady and James Tarkowski, not Tyrone sodding Mings.

Ultimately though, we need to be a lot higher up the table than 15th for our players to really catch the eye. If we carry on in this vein of form and start really well next season, Southgate will have no choice but to have a look at our players.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
England Wing Backs:
Trippier
Walker (also CB)
Chilwell
Maitland-Niles
TAA
AWB
James

March and Lamptey are at least competitive with that lot, admittedly some are having poor seasons.

CBs:
Maguire
Keane
Stones
Dier
Mings
Coady
Tarkowski
Gomez (injured)

Again, our guys are well up amongst those players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here