Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Unresolved mysteries

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Personal experience of such things can stay with you and as you say, inspires passion. Despite my belief that we are highly probably alone, there are vast areas of science we know little or nothing about. Heck , we don't even know what 99% of space is made of! So if science was turned on it's head tomorrow, it would not surprise me. Well, maybe a little bit :)

I read the other day that space smells like burnt beef ! who was the lucky guy to take his helmet off to find that out . I genuinely do believe the Nimitz pilots were chasing a craft from another world as do they . And i genuinely believe there is a need for healthy scepticism , and if it were only beered up guys like me claiming these things , then forget it . But i`m guessing that you don`t watch many UFO documentaries , but some are worth it even if just for the entertainment value .

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Its amazing how everyone , within reason , on both sides of this argument agree they do not know everything about the level of progress we have . For instance NASA or Military ( Black Projects ) but are experts on how everything works . With the current tech we have it will take 7 months not 12 , with what they actually have who knows . Kelly Johnson , designer of the SR71 said ," whatever you see in the sky take it from me were 50 years ahead '. As a race were pathetic , we think we have the answers because it makes us feel superior . Truth is you make cheap jokes about Star Trek while all the time like it or not these things are there above your head .

I spent years as a licensed aircraft engineer studying aeronautics. The theory of flight is just that a theory, it's not totally proven and there's not just one theory either. So we trust this theory to carry us 1000's of feet in the air in a metal/composite can. Then look at helicopters, it used to blow my mind on how they fly. There's ground effect to overcome, which F1 cars in fact want to use.

Here's a link to the theories of flight, it's interesting in the fact there's so much we still don't understand about it so just perhaps there's other beings who have cracked it far better than us, maybe!

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/no-one-can-explain-why-planes-stay-in-the-air/

Years ago there was a load of sightings off the north coast of Scotland. They run into the hundreds. Triangular black objects flying at immense speed. Years later the stealth fighter was finally admitted to. Incidentally so unstable (the more unstable the better the response to control movement) that a human cannot fly it without hugely complex flight management systems

Last edited:

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I read the other day that space smells like burnt beef ! who was the lucky guy to take his helmet off to find that out . I genuinely do believe the Nimitz pilots were chasing a craft from another world as do they . And i genuinely believe there is a need for healthy scepticism , and if it were only beered up guys like me claiming these things , then forget it . But i`m guessing that you don`t watch many UFO documentaries , but some are worth it even if just for the entertainment value .

Post quotes fixed courtesy of Torchwood, Rustington branch.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I spent years as a licensed aircraft engineer studying aeronautics. The theory of flight is just that a theory, it's not totally proven and there's not just one theory either. So we trust this theory to carry us 1000's of feet in the air in a metal/composite can. Then look at helicopters, it used to blow my mind on how they fly. There's ground effect to overcome, which F1 cars in fact want to use.

Here's a link to the theories of flight, it's interesting in the fact there's so much we still don't understand about it so just perhaps there's other beings who have cracked it far better than us, maybe!

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/no-one-can-explain-why-planes-stay-in-the-air/

Years ago there was a load of sightings off the north coast of Scotland. They run into the hundreds. Triangular black objects flying at immense speed. Years later the stealth fighter was finally admitted to. Incidentally so unstable (the more unstable the better the response to control movement) that a human cannot fly it without hugely complex flight management systems

That link was an interesting read, albeit a lot above my complete understanding, but interesting nonetheless.
Taking all that on board, and as I've said earlier, there may well be 'beings' out there who have far greater capabilities than we can (as yet) dream of.

However, of all the planets out there that might be hospitable to life, the one (or many) that have the capability to traverse the Universe, why would they want to come here?
In fact, why would they want (or need) to go anywhere? It seems to me that we assume a human trait (as shown throughout our own history) of exploration etc.
Their desires would most likely be so far removed from ours, that seeking out a little blue planet in the middle of essentially 'nowhere', would have no meaning to them.
The idea that they would choose to visit us (if indeed they could even find us), and either aid/hinder/affect our development is where is all falls apart, to me, from a rational viewpoint.
By all means, believe other lifeforms exist - hell, I do too - but if you suggest they have been here/are here/want to be here, then real evidence is required.
I'd still like to believe it....but I can't kid myself, much as I'd like to.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Yes I heard the beef thing. Yum!
I’ve watched a lot of the From The Basement Office and a fair few docs. As I say, it’s quite compelling but ultimately I don’t see it as convincing enough to make the scientific data obsolete. But I do find them interesting.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'm expecting a disclosure event soon.
I believe the us government has been hiding the truth for decades,maybe even centuries.
But now more countries are involved in space and cameras are everywhere the us government is under pressure to reveal it.
I follow the news closely and they are slowly dropping in small stories without much fanfare that would have been huge even 10 years ago,but obviously they don't get noticed at the Moment.
The reason for these stories is a slow subliminal normalising and pre warning of the public so the big story is not so much of a bombshell as happened when war of the world's was released.
I also think we are now at a level of development where we are getting more interest from extraterrestrials so they may just turn up en masse out of the blue and the governments are aware of this so want to tell us about them first.

1/ When is soon for a disclosure event if US under pressure to reveal.....days, months, years, decades?
2/ Which small stories which you read are you referring to from the "news" that have been released without fanfare........ Which news stories and news sources?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I have watched a good deal of the documentaries, and I am convinced that many people have seen objects in the sky that could not be identified, I fully accept that there are UFO's, I don't accept that this means alien beings are visiting from other worlds.
For example, for a period there were sightings of a triangular shaped craft in the UK, a few years later the US Stealth bomber was made public knowledge.

I personally find it more likely that unidentified objects are secret military craft, or not so mysterious objects just unidentified. There are strange weather phenomena, Sattelites, drones, missiles, flares, etc. But I leave room for off world technology, I just place it lower down in my list of guesses than you do.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
How to fix quotes.

Just delete the bit highlighted.

344DF64F-A9AF-4C63-ABFF-FC4A4BFF87F3.jpeg

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
If you have Prime then watch The hunt for the Skinwalker by Jeremy Corbell - goes into quite a bit of detail and of course hints at other unexplained goings on that they’re probably waiting before going public on.

Also if you have a passing interest see my previous post. I’m quite compelled by his documentary style and the way in which he appears to have integrity not to divulge information he’s been given until he can prove it categorically, he does so in his words because this field is based on credibility of sources and their trust.
Well, that was a waste of my 2hour lockdown life!
The beginning shows loads of video tapes that they have but we see none. All the way through we hear that they can't tell us about what goes on. It is all hearsay.
All we see is some cows cut up.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
The huge majority of scientific breakthroughs occurred some time ago now. In a time when the major reason for not taking them seriously was that it threatened religious beliefs and sound science was only starting to be applied. We live in more enlightened times.

No, lots of things should be ruled out. Lots. That is one of the basic principles of scientific research.

Yes the bravery of Copernicus especially is something to be admired and we should be thankful for.
His wiillingness to push his research and quest for the truth knowing it may well end in his excecution at the hands of the church is also something we could learn from today .
Copernicus got science back on track but it was before the days of experiments, mathematics and science disciplines that we see today.
I agree the greatest discoveries were made many years ago but whether it be Aristotle,anixmander,Copernicus,even Newton and Einstein their discoveries began with a vision or an Instinct.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Why is it Aliens that lived here 1000's of years ago, and not humans with advanced technology?

Yes it's a good point,the ability of humans should not be underestimated.
It may well have been an advanced human civilisation that attracted the attention of extra terrestrials but all the texts and creation myths from various cultures from the beginning of this civalastion seem to point to "the gods" giving us knowledge and"the gods" as having all the best technology,flying city's,flying machines and weapons etc.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes the bravery of Copernicus especially is something to be admired and we should be thankful for.
His wiillingness to push his research and quest for the truth knowing it may well end in his excecution at the hands of the church is also something we could learn from today .
Copernicus got science back on track but it was before the days of experiments, mathematics and science disciplines that we see today.
I agree the greatest discoveries were made many years ago but whether it be Aristotle,anixmander,Copernicus,even Newton and Einstein their discoveries began with a vision or an Instinct.

Which doesn’t mean everyone with a vision or an instinct is onto something.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
1/ When is soon for a disclosure event if US under pressure to reveal.....days, months, years, decades?
2/ Which small stories which you read are you referring to from the "news" that have been released without fanfare........ Which news stories and news sources?

Yes here is a story that was on several news channels but I've taken it from the mail because it goes on to explain the Chinese and Israeli plans for space exploration.
If I add to that the bold plans of India and the arrival of the private sector into space then all of this puts immediate pressure on the us to reveal something before another nation does.
I don't know when it will happen ,I imagine they will monitor what the other nations are doing and leave it as late as possible.
But trump did order a review which is due by June which should be interesting and the CIA has already began releasing documents.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...alactic-Federation-Israeli-official-says.html

Also a couple of other interesting ones here
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-54133538

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7854833/Aliens-exist-Earth-British-astronaut-says.html

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

backed by coherent, provable theory and supported by empirical evidence. not whims.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Ignore: Irrelevant.

Last edited:

May 5, 2020
Sussex
backed by coherent, provable theory and supported by empirical evidence. not whims.

A few of those scientists theories were not proved until years after their deaths,some parts of Thier theory's were spot on and other parts proved wrong and some unfinished and built upon by later generations.and yes some even began on a whim.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Which doesn’t mean everyone with a vision or an instinct is onto something.

Yes I agree,but at the same time no theory should be dismissed until it has been proved wrong, especially buy the science community.
If not the modern scientists run the risk of being no different to the church that Copernicus fought against.
The only way we will find the theory of everything is if science works together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here