Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Argus and its "story" on Ben White...

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
The Argus online has really gone down in my estimates recently. Especially since Andy Naylor left it’s gone completely downhill on it’s Albion coverage.

Some articles are just half a paragraph long with a clickbait title, and about 50 different adverts pasted wherever you look. It’s appalling.

It really is an astonishingly poor website.

Virtually unusable. Shame as they are our local paper.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'm sure we all wanted to know what soundtrack Ben had when he was getting jiggy. It's every man's right of passage to be able to create a playlist for when they are romancing a lady, it's a lot easier for youngsters today rather than my day when you'd have to create a mix tape. Absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about and pretty low of The Argus to even consider this news.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Problem is that it is really no longer a local paper. I still get the on line version as it’s relatively cheap and keeps me up to date with deaths (!), but the amount of local news diminishes by the month. Oh for the good old days of JV having a “shoe in” and articles of local interest.

We had a small newsagent at the top of our road. I remember people waiting for the Argus edition that had JV's report on away matches during the Mullery era. Wall to Wall football news wasn't available back then.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We had a small newsagent at the top of our road. I remember people waiting for the Argus edition that had JV's report on away matches during the Mullery era. Wall to Wall football news wasn't available back then.

The pink sports edition of the Argus that appeared on newsagents counters about an hour after the final whistle on Saturdays used to be a required read in the Withdean era

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm sure we all wanted to know what soundtrack Ben had when he was getting jiggy. It's every man's right of passage to be able to create a playlist for when they are romancing a lady, it's a lot easier for youngsters today rather than my day when you'd have to create a mix tape. Absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about and pretty low of The Argus to even consider this news.

Since when has sex been a dirty word?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012

I used to bung a 7" single on the deck. When I was done, I'd wait for the song to finish, turn it over, and go for round two.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Hardly surprising from the gutter rag is it?

If I was in BW's shoes I would own it. He must be rolling in gash. I would re-share it with 'and what?' or something. As long as he doesn't have any Garry Glitter or Rolf Harris saved on the playlist he has nothing to be ashamed of.

“Rolling in Gash” now that’s a playlist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I wonder if there is any other non-uberreligious country on the planet where anyone would have thought this was newsworthy. Sometimes you get the feeling the UK is a necrocracy ruled by Queen Victoria.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wonder if there is any other non-uberreligious country on the planet where anyone would have thought this was newsworthy. Sometimes you get the feeling the UK is a necrocracy ruled by Queen Victoria.

It's not about piety. It's about shit stirring. We love to build 'em up and knock 'em down in England. That's how Terry Venables, an excellent England manager, was run out of town. It is easy to do here because of English pruriance. Look at that little shit on the wedding covid thread, mind-******* himself till he bleeds over the thought of branding Jews. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here