Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan joins Arsenal

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Happy for Matty to get a move for his sake, hopefully good for all parties.

Sanchez is the future and the time is right to change,

But Matty’s a top guy and wish him all the best.

I hope the move boosts his confidence and wish him all the best. Interesting to see if he plays against Soton tomorrow

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We had the highest percentage of shots converted by our opposition in the EPL & football league with Ryan in goal this season. Pretty much any shot that went towards Ryan’s goal went in, he made very few saves.

Closer examination will tell you that a lot of those shots (several penalties amongst them) would have gone in with any keeper but the fact he was so ineffective at claiming set-pieces sealed his fate.

Sanchez has already made several key saves since coming into the team. I think you’re mostly right Hugo, but being kind. Some of the shots we conceded under Matty were very soft. The stats are there for all to see.

You can see the difference in our back line already. Much more assured.

But I am really happy for Matty. No one wants him to be rotting in reserves, maybe a move like this will be really good for him to get back to his best.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He may well get to play against Benfica (twice) and FA Cup games.

You think so? Leno normally plays European knock out games I think doesn’t he? I know Arsenal normally play their reserve in the group stages and English cup competitions.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Sad day to be honest. Really liked the bloke and he will always be remembered as a player who gave everything. His runs to celebrate the goals were brilliant. Can see why he got dropped from the no1 spot, but don't understand why he was out of the squad.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Sad day to be honest. Really liked the bloke and he will always be remembered as a player who gave everything. His runs to celebrate the goals were brilliant. Can see why he got dropped from the no1 spot, but don't understand why he was out of the squad.

Doesn’t take a genius to work out there has been a falling out that’s been well covered up does it.

In the public eye Ryan has always come across as very professional but I can’t imagine an international goalkeeper taking it very well, being dropped for an untested young keeper. Given the issues earlier in the season with Maupay perhaps he’s not the consummate professional we all think?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
You think so? Leno normally plays European knock out games I think doesn’t he? I know Arsenal normally play their reserve in the group stages and English cup competitions.

Fair enough. Don't follow that closely if I'm honest.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

Because Jason Steele makes really good half time cups of tea for the starting keeper, or something like that.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Bit of a worry. Sanchez has been good so far but it leaves us with 3 very inexperienced keepers at this level.

Don't think Steele is Premier League standard, we don't know if Walton is and Sanchez is young so will have fluctuations in form. Would be happy to see someone experienced come in if only on loan.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Im a bit gutted. Gave everything for the team. He was found lacking a bit this season. But a huge mystery still around his falling down the pecking order.

Will always remember his Penalty save away at Stoke and loved his passion for the team and his lenghty runs up the pitch for our goals. Thought it was going to be tough to replace Stokedale but he took us to another level.

Really very concerned about Potter removing experience from our squad. We really are lacking now across all areas of the pitch.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003

Really?

Seriously?

If Dunk left, that would be a sad day.

Ryan has been so so, very average for AGES. Glad that he has left, he was last good for us a year ago when he actually made terrific saves. Now he doesn't save or command his box.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Doesn’t take a genius to work out there has been a falling out that’s been well covered up does it.

In the public eye Ryan has always come across as very professional but I can’t imagine an international goalkeeper taking it very well, being dropped for an untested young keeper. Given the issues earlier in the season with Maupay perhaps he’s not the consummate professional we all think?

There was the falling out, but Maupay was back in the team and squad. So why cut out Ryan, unless he called Potter a ****.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Team evolving quite rapidly now.

I know a few are out on loan so technically still with us, but this line-up for Millwall was just 22 months ago...

millwall.jpg

With Bruno, Bong, Locadia and Button among the subs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here