Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Karbownik recalled from loan

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Where is this?

I suppose this means wing back left.

According to that, Solly March is our weak point!

My guess is that Karbo will spend more time playing right wing back.

Lamptey will come in and out of the side. Not knocking the bloke, but he hasn't filled out yet and they way he plays asks a lot of the body at that age. He's still a boy in a man's league.

Inevitably, Tariq will have periods of poor form as well as injury. You need to be able to bring a young player out of the team to account for this. Again, it's no bad reflection on him. It's just normal.

Solly, after his one bad injury has been remarkably impervious to small knocks and fingers crossed, looks like someone you can get 40 games per season out of, all at a decent level.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
'One of the many things Karbownik is lauded for by his manager and fellow teammates is his ability to keep the ball extremely close to his feet. This, coupled with his ability to take players on makes him the perfect asset out wide to get into tight spaces and provide key passes to his teammates.'

https://playingfor90.com/2020/04/27... to statistics from this,in the league so far.

I watched a youtube vid earlier, and this was very much the case. Two-footed, good change of direction, fast, direct, very keen on running with the ball.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019

Lamptey will come in and out of the side. Not knocking the bloke, but he hasn't filled out yet and they way he plays asks a lot of the body at that age. He's still a boy in a man's league.

Inevitably, Tariq will have periods of poor form as well as injury. You need to be able to bring a young player out of the team to account for this. Again, it's no bad reflection on him. It's just normal.

Solly, after his one bad injury has been remarkably impervious to small knocks and fingers crossed, looks like someone you can get 40 games per season out of, all at a decent level.

There's also the option of playing a 442, with Lamptey at RW and Karbownik at RB. That has a lot of defensive and attacking quality to the right side. Although that wouldn't leave many options at LB (especially if Bernardo is off).

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
There's also the option of playing a 442, with Lamptey at RW and Karbownik at RB. That has a lot of defensive and attacking quality to the right side. Although that wouldn't leave many options at LB (especially if Bernardo is off).

The other idea I like is to give Lamptey an hour to exhaust the opposing full back. Then sub Tariq for Karbo telling him to run just as hard at them.

See how they like that!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We’re either of the Polish lads mentioned in the press conference does anyone know? Would love to see them play Sat...

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

I think this lad was signed to play left wing back. Lamptey will play right back when fit, with Veltman covering. I think Solly will be predominantly taken off the defensive duties (unless we have injuries), and play winger if we play 442, or as advanced midfielder behind the striker if we play 3 at the back. Solly's strength is verstaility and ability to play in various positions, particularly in attack. I don't think it does anyone any favours to play him in a defensive role just to shoe horn in him to the side. The fact that Solly works so hard, means other players will have to up their game if they want to hold the shirt in the attacking third of the pitch.

DynamoKid

Jan 11, 2021
Moder and Karbownik could make a big impact if they get the chanse. Hope Moder can play on Blackpool!!

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina

[I]Solly, after his one bad injury has been remarkably impervious to small knocks and fingers crossed, looks like someone you can get 40 games per season out of, all at a decent level[/I].

Jinxed it :glare::annoyed::down:

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Probably too soon for Karbownik to start against Burnley (although you never know with Potter). I think it will be Vetlman RWB and Burn LWB with White, Dunk, Wesbster at CB against Burnley. If March's injury is a bad one, I think we'll see Karbo come on against Burnley.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I'm sure that BDB would be playing ahead of March against Burnley regardless of injury as we'll need his aerial presence. I think Veltman and BDB as wingbacks against Burnley makes sense regardless of injuries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here