Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Once normality returns, what are you LEAST looking forward to?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It is nice being out without hordes of the general public getting in the way

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Exact opposite for me. All my local running routes are now full of walkers getting in the way - I’ll be glad when have all ****ed off back to whatever they were doing before they ‘discovered’ all the local country paths (and then posted pictures and routes on facebook so all their pals and their pals pals could try them as well).

Least looking forward to ? I know it’s curmudgeonly but having to do ‘social’ stuff I don’t particularly like - got the perfect excuse at the moment.

The extra little bit of care, empathy and civility for neighbours and others that many people have gone out of their way to show because of the difficult times, losing that again

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
After WFH since March, I can't stand the idea of going back to the office Monday to Fridat. I bloody love my commute to work being sloping downstairs at half eight in my dressing gown, and having days like today where I've got the snooker on in the background all afternoon.

Fortunately our building in HH is being DEMOLISHED in June, so if they want us to go back, they'll need to rent new premises. Which given how successful WFH has proved, and the expense that would involve, I doubt they'll do. We have a HQ in London, so I can see me having to show my face there every couple of weeks or so, but my ejukated guess is we'll stay as we are even if/when things get back to "normal".

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
After WFH since March, I can't stand the idea of going back to the office Monday to Fridat. I bloody love my commute to work being sloping downstairs at half eight in my dressing gown, and having days like today where I've got the snooker on in the background all afternoon.

This! Like most people on this thread the thought of commuting and going into the office again is what I definitely don't fancy. Not been in to my office since March and doubt we'll be expected back until we're all vaccinated which is not likely to be until the autumn for those of us under 50. Hopefully can arrange regular working from home days once that happens, reckon 2 days a week should be easily possible to arrange.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Other people returning to MY office.

I've LOVED having the place to myself, with no singing, coughing, munching, inane small-talk, and general annoyances.

We had it completely refurbished right at the start of lockdown too, so I'm the only one (of usually four) that has been working in our 'new' office.

Lovely.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This! Like most people on this thread the thought of commuting and going into the office again is what I definitely don't fancy. Not been in to my office since March and doubt we'll be expected back until we're all vaccinated which is not likely to be until the autumn for those of us under 50. Hopefully can arrange regular working from home days once that happens, reckon 2 days a week should be easily possible to arrange.

Indeed. There's nothing I can't do at home that I need to go to the office to do. In fact if anything, I'm MORE efficient, as I like to get as much done as poss in the mornings to leave the afternoons *relatively* quiet. Doesn't always work out like that of course, but its a target, especially if there's some snooker, cricket or golf to get on in the "background".

Another side-effect is that (ironically) sickness is basically all but zero. Nobody that I know of in our business has caught the plague. We've had a couple of staff having to self-isolate but that hasn't stopped them working. Who skives when you're WFH ? Even if you're feeling shitty, half the challenge is dragging yourself in to the office (and then pissing everyone else off by coughing and spluttering). Unless you're seriously spannered you can still log on and work as normal.

In this day and age of high speed internet connection, WFH has been a no-brainer for years. Covid has been the gamechanger to force it to happen on a widespread scale now, and I don't think there'll be any going back. Or not much, anyway.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Another side-effect is that (ironically) sickness is basically all but zero. Nobody that I know of in our business has caught the plague. We've had a couple of staff having to self-isolate but that hasn't stopped them working. Who skives when you're WFH ? Even if you're feeling shitty, half the challenge is dragging yourself in to the office (and then pissing everyone else off by coughing and spluttering). Unless you're seriously spannered you can still log on and work as normal.

Actually that's a good point. I seem to catch every cough and cold going round the office and end up having a few sick days here and there. Not had a single day sick since the first lockdown started. Really not looking forward to catching every bug and virus going again.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
There's been a lot of talk on here in the last few months about what people are most looking forward to when the pandemic is over (or at least we all start going back to a somewhat more normal existence), and it's unsurprising that people want to look forward to doing the things they like again. However, let's be honest, there's loads of stuff we do ordinarily which we've all been more than happy to kick into touch for the last year or so. So what are you not looking forward to returning?

We've not being doing anything really different than before, only not seeing family.
Not looking forward to the traffic getting back to normal, which means the M25 will be back to being the usual car park of fools.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here