Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Bloom needs to march back his comments on not holding a player back and start making them honour their contracts or this kind of shit it going to keep happening.
And then we won't sign the young talented players in the first place as we will be seen as a club who blocks the 'next move'.

It's literally our selling point.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
So the official and trusted lines directly from any club and player are.

BHAFC - he’s not for sale and we’re not selling

Caicedo - I’m repaying the faith in the club who opened doors for me and only concentrating on them.

Yet we’ve had hundreds of posts discussing all the other noise 🤦🏻‍♂️😂
I don’t set much store by the Caicedo quote. Before his new agents came along and what else Is he going to say?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
And then we won't sign the young talented players in the first place as we will be seen as a club who blocks the 'next move'.

This may change with more successes on the pitch, if and it’s a big if we finish top six we will need a stronger squad. Interesting to see what happens if it happens.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh FFS come on Liverpool, Citeh, United - even Benfical, Bayern or Barca - get yur fingers out! I'm fed up of our players going to poxy London clubs like Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal - and especially Chelsea - where the entitled fans then grizzle that White/Cucu/Biss etc. aren't all that - they might have been alright for little Brighton, but they're not as good as players they've already got. Why waste money on White/Cucu/Biss when we've got Saliba/Chilwell/Bentacur, and they're all better, entitled, entitled, whinge, whinge, whinge............
The only one we've sold who has really been taken to the fans hearts (and fulfilled all expectations) is Dan Burn; as far away from London as you can get!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well. your posts so far show the clear disagreement with anyone posting anything other than "Caicedo is staying and no one is trying to buy him"

So are you annoyed when people post journos reporting a bid has been made/rejected?

And do you believe that the player saying they are concentrating on their football means they wouldn't want the move?
It’s not so much the posting it’s the hyperbole it creates and hysteria and worry etc. Can’t really be arsed to debate it with you as you’ve totally guessed and exaggerated my opinions. Last sentence - no I meant the quote he said about repaying the club - totally different from the quote you’ve chose.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Of course they'll still sign.

Our selling point is we are a club on the up who is known for playing lovely football, a great manager and a top shelf owner.

We need to be pushing for our selling point being we are challenging for Europe and domestic trophies.

Not a short stop over to a big pay cheque.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

I don’t think that’s the case. Players can see there are huge benefits from coming here. All they have to do in return is not seek a move mid-season. No-one will deny Caicedo or Mac a move at a more appropriate time, or resent them for it.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester

I dont get people who cant understand this. Without this policy we wouldn’t have even signed Caicedo in the first place. Its part of the selling point of Brighton.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don’t set much store by the Caicedo quote. Before his new agents came along and what else Is he going to say?
I read it as ‘I’m not gonna go anywhere in Jan’ but admit players quotes are often generic. The repaying the club that ‘opened doors’ for him seemed a bit different but maybe it’s my positive thinking on it.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
This may change with more successes on the pitch, if and it’s a big if we finish top six we will need a stronger squad. Interesting to see what happens if it happens.
Yes, I completely agree on that. Let's be honest, it's only really the traditional big 6 now above us in terms of who are 'the next step'

When we joined the PL I would have been worried if people such as Everton etc were in for our players. Not any more

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Good for the club!
It is and backs up the bullish statement from Naylor who is obviously towing the club line on this. He is doing his job looking after his contacts.

I see people post on that Sky blog but how do they do it? Is it via Twitter?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
487859u5.png
This looks like a screenshot from Football Manager.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Bloom needs to march back his comments on not holding a player back and start making them honour their contracts or this kind of shit it going to keep happening.
I don't think so. Just needs to make it clear that we expect two full seasons and then we will help facilitate a move. If it's any less than that then we will only sell if we decide it is in the best interests of the club, regardless of what you do.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If all the players start to "honour their contracts", the club can't sell players and the whole PL thing turns very unsustainable and bankruptcy will be around the corner. And if Tony Bloom states "we're gonna hold players back from achieving their dreams", Brighton will only be able to sign shit players with not ambition.

Your advice is like begging to turn into Portsmouth.

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
Yes, I completely agree on that. Let's be honest, it's only really the traditional big 6 now above us in terms of who are 'the next step'

When we joined the PL I would have been worried if people such as Everton etc were in for our players. Not any more
It's the "Rich 7" as Newcastle now have the cash to buy our players too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here