Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] COVIDIOTS hot spots

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
B784DEF2-BB9C-44A7-877F-89C02A0481BB.jpeg

Took this one last weekend before the barbarian hordes arrived :)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Sunsets have been fantastic this last few weeks, its slowly getting lighter later, I'm just about getting home from work in time to see them most days.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That’s good too........I’m not so good with sunrises as it involves getting out of bed ....wish I did as I miss out on some of the best views/light

Ps I assume that was Sunday morning ..freezing!

I think it must have been. And yes, freezing! I had my flask mug! Sunset from Shoreham footbridge is always good at this time of year too.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think it must have been. And yes, freezing! I had my flask mug! Sunset from Shoreham footbridge is always good at this time of year too.

Yes very true....I met a lady on the beach who had a camera... she had taken some nice photos from the footbridge this evening...unfortunately she had lost her best friend today to a heart attack ...but the beauty of what was on view was giving her some comfort

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes very true....I met a lady on the beach who had a camera... she had taken some nice photos from the footbridge this evening...unfortunately she had lost her best friend today to a heart attack ...but the beauty of what was on view was giving her some comfort

That’s very sad.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Yep drove past....had a job down the other end of the beach and at end of day took 15 mins to watch the sun go down on the beach before heading home it was a lovely view.

Tricky isn't it - as technically we're probably not 'allowed' to hang around in one place that long. I did the other morning, 25 minutes to catch the sunrise - and felt a bit guilty!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Tricky isn't it - as technically we're probably not 'allowed' to hang around in one place that long. I did the other morning, 25 minutes to catch the sunrise - and felt a bit guilty!

I imagine on your own...very few people about ...I’m not going to tell anyone ...though I can’t guarantee one of the thousand odd who know might :D
I’d say it was good for your mental health

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Hove Park is once again heaving, not only with the basketball courts being full (12 - 14 players, 4 balls !) but hundreds of “dawdlers” just about moving as they glare at their phones and cling onto their coffee cup whilst their kids zig zag the path on their bikes.

Gave up on my run cos it was just too busy.

Couldn’t work out why there were so many mums and kids given that the mums can’t all be key workers so have had all day to get down there.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/19030773.coronavirus-forest-row-restaurant-visitors-hide-police/

BAR staff and visitors at a restaurant ducked for cover after police caught them flouting coronavirus lockdown rules.

Officers spotted a group of people inside the site in Forest Row last Thursday, as well as a member of staff behind the bar.

But, when the offenders realised they had been seen by police, they ran and attempted to hide from view.

The owners of the restaurant have now been slapped with a fine for the flagrant breach of Covid restrictions.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The play area down the West end of Worthing beach (near George V Ave) was absolutely heaving yesterday. Kids all over the apparatus, big groups of people milling around chatting.

Not sure having the coffee vans out in hot spots like that are especially helping?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The play area down the West end of Worthing beach (near George V Ave) was absolutely heaving yesterday. Kids all over the apparatus, big groups of people milling around chatting.

Not sure having the coffee vans out in hot spots like that are especially helping?

Yep Hove Park today the same!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

D

Deleted member 22389

Only takes 2-3 weeks of people not observing the distancing rule to send us back in to lockdown for 2-3 months.

Can only hope the vaccine, together with advancement in testing to provide quicker more accurate results provides a path out of this.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Its probably been mentioned on here somewhere, but the under-cliff walk between Rottingdean & Saltdean is heaving most of the time it seems. Went for an early ride last Saturday, and dropped down onto the under-cliff on the way back as I couldn't face going up the hill with all the traffic that was building up. Almost turned round and took my chances with the vehicles though as I had to stop immediately by Molly's cafe. The amount of people hanging around drinking and chatting in groups was just insane, & I couldn't get through without taking a very wide berth, almost on the beach itself.
Was the same again on Friday when I went out for a little early spin....so went along Seaford seafront instead on Saturday morning. Deserted.

Avoid Rottingdean!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Everywhere it seems, meanwhile Australia and New Zealand have more or less got rid of it.
A cocktail of a truly useless government and trusting 'the great British public' to do the right thing.
Well done to those trying their best but we are a nation of idiots being led by an idiot.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Everywhere it seems, meanwhile Australia and New Zealand have more or less got rid of it.
A cocktail of a truly useless government and trusting 'the great British public' to do the right thing.
Well done to those trying their best but we are a nation of idiots being led by an idiot.

Tough rules on mask wearing, borders closed, strict quarantine and social distancing combined with public compliance and tough lockdown. The contrast with the idiocy and Covid denial in the UK is a bit sad really.
Singapore has also rid itself of the virus with the only cases coming from international travelers who are in compulsory quarantine at the airport.
Our Government needs to stop listening to loudmouth Irish owners of budget airlines. Not much can be done about our Covidiots though... that seems to be cultural

https://www.ft.com/content/1dc30522-da7f-4bad-adf2-5637718c7143

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here