Date: Tuesday 29th December 2020
Kick-off: 18:00 GMT
Referee: Craig Pawson
Assistants: Adam Nunn, Ian Hussin
Fourth Official: John Brooks
VAR: Anthony Taylor
Additional VAR: Stephen Child

TEAM NEWS

Brighton & Hove Albion will again be without Tariq Lamptey as he struggles with an ongoing hamstring issue.

Adam Lallana was substituted at West Ham with a groin injury and is being assessed, along with Aaron Connolly.

Arsenal youngsters Emile Smith Rowe and Gabriel Martinelli could make their second starts of the season after impressing on Boxing Day.

Thomas Partey remains sidelined, while Gabriel is self-isolating due to coronavirus tracing.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton are unbeaten in the past five league contests, winning three times and drawing twice.
    [*=left]The Seagulls won 2-1 in both games last term to complete a first-ever league double over Arsenal.
    [*=left]The Gunners have not won a league match at Brighton since a 1-0 triumph in April 1981.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton have won just once in 13 league fixtures, drawing seven and losing on five occasions.
    [*=left]Seventeen points from 15 games represents Brighton's worst start to a Premier League season.
    [*=left]Their sole home win in 16 league matches in 2020 was June's 2-1 victory over Arsenal. They have drawn eight times and suffered seven defeats.
    [*=left]Albion are unbeaten in six matches against fellow sides currently in the bottom half of the table, winning once and drawing five of their games.
    [*=left]Brighton have lost their final game of a calendar year just once in seven seasons.
    [*=left]The fixture will be Graham Potter's 100th league match as a manager in English football.
Arsenal

• [*=left]Arsenal's Boxing Day victory against Chelsea ended their seven-match winless league run.
    [*=left]The Gunners' three league clean sheets have come in away fixtures.
    [*=left]They have two points fewer than at this stage last season but are 14 adrift of their 2018-19 total.
    [*=left]Mikel Arteta's men have scored just three goals in their past six away league fixtures.
    [*=left]Their 15 goal total is their joint lowest at this stage of a Premier League campaign.
    [*=left]Arsenal could lose their final game of a calendar year for a third straight season.
    [*=left]The 15th-place Gunners have won two of their three games against sides currently below them in the table.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I wish I could be really up for this and predict a win . My state of mind now is to hope that we see the Good Albion, not our bad one that showed itself at Leicester. If Lallana misses the game and with Lamptey out it does not bode well. The best I can hope for is a decent performance and of course we end up drawing it again..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hate to admit it but even when we take the lead I just know that the opposition are going to score. It could be VAR, a cheating opposition player, keeper not in form, a deflection or just shit defending, but as night follows day I just know we aren’t going to hang on to the lead. Maybe tonight this bollocks can be put to bed, it’s spoiling my enjoyment of games and a mostly very watchable Albion style.

Come on the Albion!,

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So excited

I think you may be in a very small minority these days

So worried :smile:

What has Argie Alex done to be so out of favour? Hasn’t he scored a couple of goals and been quite combative when he played? He can pass well too. Really hope he gets a game tonight if Lallana is still crocked, which is likely

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Couldn’t sleep at all last night, (camping on sun lounger, hence sore back and no sleep in the front room with daughter watching mega mind and daddy’s home 1&2 while eating chocolate pudding and ice cream) absolutely shattered, there’s a good chance I will fall asleep early this evening on the sofa, which might not be a bad thing......

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
When did we last take a 2 goal lead? Newcastle I’m guessing.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I think you may be in a very small minority these days

So worried :smile:

What has Argie Alex done to be so out of favour? Hasn’t he scored a couple of goals and been quite combative when he played? He can pass well too. Really hope he gets a game tonight if Lallana is still crocked, which is likely

Wasn’t there a report that he got Covid while on international duty? Or am I getting confused?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Wasn’t there a report that he got Covid while on international duty? Or am I getting confused?

Seem to remember that he did, quite a while ago now so quite possibly he’s not having the recovery to be able to play PL football. The club are very tight lipped about all sickness/injury to players so you may well be right. He does seem to be the sort of player who you’d expect to get game time if fit though?

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Brighton have won just once in 13 league fixtures, drawing seven and losing on five occasions.

Seventeen points from 15 games represents Brighton's worst start to a Premier League season.

Their sole home win in 16 league matches in 2020 was June's 2-1 victory over Arsenal. They have drawn eight times and suffered seven defeats.

Bloody hell, that's depressing.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Crazy having only one day off when it's not the same for both sides. It's always the day after the day after when you feel most tired. With that taken in to account, I can only see 4-0 to the Albion.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
My mojo has well and truly left the building. Arsenal will beat us comfortably I feel, sad thing is I don't think it will even get me angry. I feel like I'm becoming a bit too emotionally detached from my beloved Albion these days. 1-3 Arsenal.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

There was. I think given we know some players have been hit hard by Covid, it’s probably fair enough he’s still recovering.

He’s making the bench at least. And it’s a very competitive bench these days, so if you’re not fully fit there’ll likely be others ahead in the queue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here