Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] *** PLEASE READ: Upcoming Changes ***

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hurry up Bozza! Coming under increasing pressure from Tapatalk to go " VIP" to avoid all the adverts they are sending me.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Hurry up Bozza! Coming under increasing pressure from Tapatalk to go " VIP" to avoid all the adverts they are sending me.

I think I must have that as I never get adverts on Tapatalk.

I must admit I only ever access NSC on my phone via Tapatalk. If it becomes a faff by going through a browser and having to log on every time I probably won’t bother.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think I must have that as I never get adverts on Tapatalk.

I must admit I only ever access NSC on my phone via Tapatalk. If it becomes a faff by going through a browser and having to log on every time I probably won’t bother.

Check your bank statements then, and if so, cancel Tapatalk ASAP !

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Seems like the app has most things covered
https://xenforo.com/features/app/

When you see this written on the home screen my first thought is how far up his own arse is this **** ?

"Leveraging responsive web design and the progressive web application standard, your XenForo community can be 'installed' onto mobile devices and tablets1, opening up a gateway to a wealth of app-related functionality."

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
When you see this written on the home screen my first thought is how far up his own arse is this **** ?

"Leveraging responsive web design and the progressive web application standard, your XenForo community can be 'installed' onto mobile devices and tablets1, opening up a gateway to a wealth of app-related functionality."

I guess the proof will be in the pudding!

Do we know when the switch-over will be?

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I’m obviously a Luddite but love Tapatalk for never having to log in, navigating threads/pages etc easily and not needing to pinch zoom in on my phone.

How do you do all of the above via iOS then? Which browser is best at emulating this experience?

If I can’t replicate it then I’ll just stop reading or contributing as much [yes yes I can hear you all rejoicing etc].

Xenforo is a decent modern-ish* forum platform. As long as no one tinkers too much with the theme / layout, it should work just as well in a browser as the current NSC has in Tapatalk. The only reason you needed Tapatalk here up to now is because vBulletin 4 is the equivalent of a dinosaur in the forum software world. It doesn't understand mobile devices. Xenforo does.

*has been around a while, but looks like they've kept it reasonably updated. My personal preference would be Discourse or Flarum. In particular the latter, it's really easy for a community owner who knows a little PHP / JS to build their own custom features.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A more general point when we come to switch over, will ALL the previous threads and posts be archived/ transferred over to the new server thingy ? It would be a pity if we lost some of our really good binfests.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A more general point when we come to switch over, will ALL the previous threads and posts be archived/ transferred over to the new server thingy ? It would be a pity if we lost some of our really good binfests.

Yep - all existing threads and posts will be migrated.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
OK, so I know my password but the registered email address is long gone ( Freeserve ). Tried changing it but I get the following message :

NSC.JPG

And no, I don't have multiple accounts. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] - what do I do ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
hi bozza

I've used the help link twice now but no response. Any chance of help soon?

I respond to all emails I get, same day most of the time, and there are none outstanding currently.

So, if you are sending emails to help@northstandchat.com they aren't reaching me, and plenty are each day.

Click that ^^^^^^ to try again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here